Eventful night. Got rear ended

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
had my truck n trailer parked outside. A 30 yr old girl and her 2 yr old daughter ran into it parked. She said she looked back at her daughter and didn’t notice she went off the road.i ran inside to grab my GoPro to record as she started saying some fishy stuff, telling the neighbor how she had some beers then asked me to not tell the police her daughter was with her! When they showed up they didn’t even breathalize her so she got very lucky. Bent my trailer axle and rear ramp. Pushed my trailer all the way onto the sidewalk up and over the curb
You must be registered for see images attach

mu2bdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
She was moving! I hope her daughter was unhurt. No need to have a toddler injured for the stupidity of the parent.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this ****** me off in so many ways.
I would have ratted her out so damn quick.
im all for going out, throwin back a few and driving home...
as long as its done responsible
but to do it with a kid in the car, unfuckingbelieveable.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that sucks. at least her "mini cooper" got the worst of it.
the part that sucks is that if you have work waiting today for the trailer, you're SOL. grab pics on all 4 corners in the morning and wide and detail shots of the damage. waiting for the insurance will cost you more money than just getting it fixed and moving on.

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this ****** me off in so many ways.
I would have ratted her out so damn quick.
im all for going out, throwin back a few and driving home...
as long as its done responsible
but to do it with a kid in the car, unfuckingbelieveable.

Yes that’s what got me, I heard it happen and was cutting my 5 yr olds hair. I ran outside with no shirt on and pulled her daughter out. I told a bystander to call 911 and she freaked out and tried to tell me not to call 911, then tried to have a female bystander take her child and say she was with her not in the car. This whole time I had my GoPro recording in my hand while she’s saying all this just Incase she tries to pull anything. Talking to her I think she was high as well because she was really loaded. Poor girl was just a baby and luckily seemed un hurt

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went out and measured the trailer. The whole rear left corner twisted down 3 1/2 inches. You can see from the full length shot it basically twisted the whole thing slightly

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that sucks. at least her "mini cooper" got the worst of it.
the part that sucks is that if you have work waiting today for the trailer, you're SOL. grab pics on all 4 corners in the morning and wide and detail shots of the damage. waiting for the insurance will cost you more money than just getting it fixed and moving on.

And yes I do. I’ve lost three jobs already because I don’t trust putting weight on it yet

nostrokes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes that’s what got me, I heard it happen and was cutting my 5 yr olds hair. I ran outside with no shirt on and pulled her daughter out. I told a bystander to call 911 and she freaked out and tried to tell me not to call 911, then tried to have a female bystander take her child and say she was with her not in the car. This whole time I had my GoPro recording in my hand while she’s saying all this just Incase she tries to pull anything. Talking to her I think she was high as well because she was really loaded. Poor girl was just a baby and luckily seemed un hurt

I would have shown the cops the GoPro right away.
I don't have any sympathy for idiots like these. After spending 10 years as a fire fighter and seeing the damage to other people they cause and not caring one bit about it they can all rot in jail.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would have shown the cops the GoPro right away.
I don't have any sympathy for idiots like these. After spending 10 years as a fire fighter and seeing the damage to other people they cause and not caring one bit about it they can all rot in jail.
otoh.....it's a small community and he's just getting started in business. better that he avoided potentially causing conflict and potentially costing him more.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not yet. Geico called me Friday to say they were having an adjuster reach out to me but no one has yet
oh boy.....the Geko? after the adjuster looks at it. GO GET IT FIXED YOURSELF and sue the insured in small claims court. Geko hates it when I do that :D It is only then they will pony up 2/3'rds of the true cost.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would have ratted her out too but I can understand not wanting to make waves. Kudos for having the foresight to bring the gopro out with you. I don't drive long distances very often anymore, but if I did, I would invest in a good quality Dash-cam.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnlx

Members online