Eventful night. Got rear ended

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would have ratted her out too but I can understand not wanting to make waves. Kudos for having the foresight to bring the gopro out with you. I don't drive long distances very often anymore, but if I did, I would invest in a good quality Dash-cam.

Yes I have a good dash cam that records front and rear in the truck. I like it Incase anything happens out there with someone’s item I know everything’s recorded

mu2bdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I have a good dash cam that records front and rear in the truck. I like it Incase anything happens out there with someone’s item I know everything’s recorded
Do you remember which model GoPro? I’m looking at ones now for front and rear recording.

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you remember which model GoPro? I’m looking at ones now for front and rear recording.

Oh sorry the GoPro I have is the Little session, just for personal use. My dash cam I’ll have to look up the model but it records full 1080p front and rear. The rear camera swivels so you can point it anywhere 360 degrees. It also records both camera lenses seperatly. I have a 36gb card in it and it’ll record about a days worth before it starts writing over its self

mu2bdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh sorry the GoPro I have is the Little session, just for personal use. My dash cam I’ll have to look up the model but it records full 1080p front and rear. The rear camera swivels so you can point it anywhere 360 degrees. It also records both camera lenses seperatly. I have a 36gb card in it and it’ll record about a days worth before it starts writing over its self
Id be interested in the model. With the new truck I’m looking for some first person experiences with a forward and rear recording dash cam.

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
“Personal use” eh?
:joker:
For me and my misses ; ) but on another note adjuster came out today and couldn’t even tell if it had trailer brakes or not. Asked if I could get an estimate for them. Took it to Carson trailers and $4100.00 to repair. Completely replace ramp and forward axle. And cut off dovetail and replace with new paint

needlenose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is entirely my opinion, but I would strongly encourage you to turn that video over to the police. Not to get someone in trouble, but to get both the mother and the child help. The reason that children lose their lives everyday to poor parents is because good people recognize signs and let them go because they assume it's none of their business.

Great concept to mind one's own business, but not here. That child needs an advocate. Consider that the parent tried to dump her kid on a total stranger. Not in a million years would I separate myself from my child, and I have four of them. That little girl will end up as collateral for debt to some dealer. The mother has already demonstrated she will willingly give up her kid to save her own neck.

I have a friend who investigates child cases for CPS. What he encounters on an daily basis will twist your mind. You really do not want what he sees in your head. Most of the time they know it's happening, but lack the hard evidence to act. You have that evidence.

Get the mother some help. For all you know there is already a social worker desperately looking for evidence to warrant the appropriate action.

Turn in the video and go about your life knowing you may have saved someone elses.