Enterprise update

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Freight_Train said:
They want to get this PITA POS Chevy Tracker out of their shop.The **** has been in their shop longer than the E and they can't figure out what is wrong with it.....other than it is a Bow tie!

Don't insult us Bow Tie guys like that! :backoff

A tracker is less of a Bow Tie than your truck is a Ford (read IH)! :)

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
only little boys wear bow ties........Cracked Heads Every Valve Rattles Oil Leaks Every Time...........General Mistake.........Gotta Mechanic Comming..........hee hee hee.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Little boys must be some good drivers, they have been kicking some blue oval butt quite regularly! Quite a few for ford as well, found on road dead, found on road dinkingoff, etc. etc. etc. doesn't mean much that someone can make a rhime. If my truck was Ford powered, it wouldn't be my truck. Also never had to fix a firewall, headlight wires, ignition switch that about burnt the truck up, tailight wiring etc., gotta love those high quality factory gauges, poor grounds etc. -cuss in my BowTies. Have had to fix about every Ford part on this truck - damn shame they didn't wrap the IH in something better, seems such a waste. Blue Oval = :puke: in my book!

Here is a picture of my latest dealing with a Ford/Mercury - this truck IS my last Ford. This is my wife's 1994 production dated 1995 titled Mercury Sable. 11 Years old and check out this quality!

Attachments

• Mercury Sable Rusted out Engine Cradle 2.jpg
    Mercury Sable Rusted out Engine Cradle 2.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 20
  • Sable rusted out engine cradle.jpg
    Sable rusted out engine cradle.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

justblowin'smoke

Reaction score
I hear ya on fixing the ford parts that are around the corn binder engine. thats y when i bought my truck i made sure it was a 5 speed that way the only real drivetrain problem would be the dual mass flywheel that did finally blow a part on me last month

Freight_Train

Reaction score
Just an update.Should be picking the E up Monday.Friday they had the Engine in,Just put the radiator,Fan,belts,etc installed and were just about finished with the turbo when I had to drag ass off to the salt mine.Also,Bought a nice Cast Iron Locomotive bell with air operated Clapper from a buddy of mine for $50 saturday and Today(sunday) I bought a Wig Wag box for my ditch Light setup...Didn't get the compressor mount built due to the boss men stuck around for a little longer than I wanted.

Freight_Train

Reaction score
Oh yea,Travis,Was the AC condensor damaged before I got it?There was a spot that looked like an engine had been dragged across the back side.Not sure if it was like that before or after I got it.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
don't remember anything like that but then again I had the engine out so many times it wasn't funny... So it could have gotten banged on one occasion or another but I don't remember off the top of my head... I doubt it was like that because I typically always just about stripped the engine completely before yanking it to gain as much room as possible but again could have been...

Freight_Train

Reaction score
Roger that.You would remember this one.Good 12 inch long drag mark pretty deep.Guessing these guys did it.Screw it.They took this long getting it finished so I think I will cut my losses and fix it myself.Besides,a condensor is pretty cheap at a junk yard when you have my connections.

Freight_Train

Reaction score
oh yea,why was there 4 Autolite,1 Champion,2 unmarked and 1 Beru Glow plug in the Enterprises engine?

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Freight_Train said:
Good 12 inch long drag mark pretty deep.
Ouch! Was the system ruptured?

If so, I think it's a fair bet these guys did it...IIRC Travis likes his a/c and the a/c on the E was working before the last meltdown...

Can't speak for him :) but that's at least what I remember...

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Freight_Train said:
oh yea,why was there 4 Autolite,1 Champion,2 unmarked and 1 Beru Glow plug in the Enterprises engine?

Noooo... couldn't have been cookoo :eek:

And he told us water injection blew up his engine.... :D

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
could have been anything in those holes because the heads I tossed on where the ones that shop threw together and lord only knows what they filled the holes with - check the other heads they will either be Beru or Wellman brands. Nothing else...

Freight_Train

Reaction score
Nah,Just BS ya on the glow plugs(I HOPE!!!!).I haven't even checked them.I didn't get to pick the E up today dang it.But I did get to hear it run.....OUCH.Appears this bunch doesn't know how to time a diesel.WAY advanced.Lots of Fuel knock but it did fire and run pretty good.OH well,Will give me a good reason to finish my 1480.Got an email that my Ditch Lights are on their way via UPS.Should be here wednesday.Hopefully I will have the York bracket built tomorrow so i can get to plumbing the Horns and Bell controls.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Didn't get to respond to the other comment because I had to split pretty quick this afternoon...

While you folks are attending the IDI Weekend I will be thinking of you all whilst I'm soaking up the sun out on the water singing "Yo Ho Ho and a bottle of Rhum" but if it makes you feel better I'll probably get a sun burn on parts of my body that haven't seen the sun in a long long long time :Sly :eek: