Electric radiator fans on a idi?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Now i am looking at installing a 1994 f250 radiator. Problem is with the new radiator i have about 1/2 inch clearance between fan and radiator.
Just to throw another wrench into the works, this may not be a good choice of radiators. I was thinking about trying to install one in the last 1979 that I had. The problem that I had was that (at a very rough guess on location) the radiator would hang down below the front bumper. Now that was using the normal, square radiator, The short, wide one for non A/C trucks may fit better. If you can find one. It's true that my admittedly rough estimation of the radiator mounting location may not have been very close. I think I was trying to place the top of the top tank even with the top of the radiator support. You may be able to raise it up a few more inches.

Torinojts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a Move bumper on the front so I am not to worried about that. I might look for a non A/C radiator. They are quite a bit wider though. Also price out new and the wider ones are about $500-$100 more depends on where you look.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I don't know what you use your truck for, but here's another possibility. You could put a second radiator in the bed. Of course electric fans would be the only option here. I would think that the coolant hoses alone would shed quite a bit of heat.

Ilovelamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a Mishimoto radiator and two 12 inch Mishimoto fans with a controller. Fingers crossed, it works

Torinojts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought about a radiator in the back. But having a usable box is nice. I might bite the bullet and install an FF Dynamics set up in it. Lifetime warranty on their fans. Kinda spendy though. Or just live with the 1/2 inch clearance between mechanical blade and Rad. Just hope I never have to replace a water pump.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I thought about a radiator in the back. But having a usable box is nice.
I completely agree. Maybe you could run some "piping" along the frame and back to the engine compartment. This may be enough, unless you tow heavy. Copper does dissipate heat rather quickly.