Electric pump conversion question

Cainon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's been raining here. So when it dries up I'll trace the wires. I started cutting the 10lbs of electrical tape the previous owner did. Once I get everything loose I'll trace them and see where they go.

Cainon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They have the green/red and red/grey tied into red/grey red/grey.
You must be registered for see images attach

Lezgo Brandon

Reaction score
What pump you going with & where you mounting? (Finally found a reasonably priced running 69 for the 93 OBS 7tree "idied" head gasket)
R&R comin soon, Along with ARP just arrived today then finding best way to not melt down the 69 with the sidewinder from the 7tree(likely hold off on sidewinder as just need mobility foremost.)

Cainon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What pump you going with & where you mounting? (Finally found a reasonably priced running 69 for the 93 OBS 7tree "idied" head gasket)
R&R comin soon, Along with ARP just arrived today then finding best way to not melt down the 69 with the sidewinder from the 7tree(likely hold off on sidewinder as just need mobility foremost.)
I went with the holly red pump. Mounted where the original water separator was.

Cainon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wired according to the diagram in this post. Pump will not turn on. Any common issues? I also installed a toggle switch. Would this cause issues? Switch was new not used.

Cainon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was I supposed to bypass something when I removed the stock water separator? Would start before. Got the new electric pump in and pumping. But truck just won't turn over.

Cainon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just put new batteries in it and still won't start. Pump is working I'm getting fuel. When it broke down I wasn't getting fuel to the filter. The filter was empty. I'm getting fuel now and now it won't start. Injection pump was rebuilt and only drove on for about two months. And was rebuilt by I reputable shop here in VA. So I honestly don't see it being the injection pump that has barley been driven on.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Just put new batteries in it and still won't start. Pump is working I'm getting fuel. When it broke down I wasn't getting fuel to the filter. The filter was empty. I'm getting fuel now and now it won't start. Injection pump was rebuilt and only drove on for about two months. And was rebuilt by I reputable shop here in VA. So I honestly don't see it being the injection pump that has barley been driven on.

Air intrusion takes 3-5 rounds of cranking for 10 secs max to purge, even with an electric pump. You might be able to run the pump for 5+ mins and have it eventually purge the air, if you have the filter tied in to the return line system like it comes from the factory.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
If all else fails, call the place that rebuilt the IP. I'm not saying that they did anything wrong. Just see if they have any ideas that you can try.