Egt gauge

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
I will say this... I took the rig out for a long trip this passed weekend and it did GREAT... but with trans temp. Egts. Boost on the A puller and oil pressure amp gauge water temp all in the dash a though went through my mind that the plane was easier to fly than watchn all these gauges... lol... so here's a run down on what I saw...

Trans temp 160 most of the time
Boost was 5 to 8 on inclines at 55 around 4 to maintain 55 when flat
Egts would go up at first but as boost went up and trans shifted down egts went down... but didn't get over 1050... I also was able to relax the egt climb buy relaxing the go peddle and just letting the truck work to get over hills
Water temp and oil pressure didn't move...

So all n all im supper happy with the way she pulled
You could always use the ole' trucker trick, and turn the gauges so the needle points vertically when in the red zone. This way you don't actually have to look at every single gauge, but you will see it in the corner of your eye.

Rock

Philip1

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will say this... I took the rig out for a long trip this passed weekend and it did GREAT... but with trans temp. Egts. Boost on the A puller and oil pressure amp gauge water temp all in the dash a though went through my mind that the plane was easier to fly than watchn all these gauges... lol... so here's a run down on what I saw...

Trans temp 160 most of the time
Boost was 5 to 8 on inclines at 55 around 4 to maintain 55 when flat
Egts would go up at first but as boost went up and trans shifted down egts went down... but didn't get over 1050... I also was able to relax the egt climb buy relaxing the go peddle and just letting the truck work to get over hills
Water temp and oil pressure didn't move...

So all n all im supper happy with the way she pulled

Autometer sells gauges with built in alert circuits that can be used to power a buzzer to alert you of issues so you don't have to watch them as close until it starts yelling at you

https://www.ebay.com/itm/173815036298

John Scott

Reaction score
You could always use the ole' trucker trick, and turn the gauges so the needle points vertically when in the red zone. This way you don't actually have to look at every single gauge, but you will see it in the corner of your eye.

Rock
Thats interesting....

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

That dual read out one dose have a good fit there, I might go with that for egt and coolent temp. My coolent gauge dose not always work and can only hear the fan with the engine off.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7