Edge Evolution Question

DMcV

Reaction score
Hello,
New to post , but I've been reading and learning on this Great Forum.
My (new to me) truck came with an 'Edge Evolution' programer.
I have the operating instructions but before I start to play with any of the settings I though I should ask first . I will be using the truck to tow my 5th wheel on vaction times but I also tow a small enclosed steel box work trailer (weight unknown) but it does carry a good load.
My question is would the :
1) "tow" power level ( 60hp gain, 110 Tq gain) be a good level to use for both ? anything that I should be aware of ?
2) any harm if I leave it in "tow" setting while not towing ?
3) what are the 'most important' PID's that I should have displayed ?
Sorry if this sounds at all "naive"...it is only because I 'am' :confused:
Thank you
Dennis

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
Exhaust temp and tranny temp are the most important to watch then I have boost and oil temp when towing. Tow mode would be good for both loads and unloaded and will help keep the EGT's in check better then the other 2 programs. Although I think most say they get the best mileage in the race program if they can keep their foot out of it. Depending on where the pyrometer probe is located the suggested sustained max temp is 1250 before things start trying to melt. Stick around and read some old post it will help your knowledge grow. Welcome aboard

DMcV

Reaction score
Edge program

Well I kicked it up a notch.... I programed my Edge to 'race' and I was very pleased & surprised over the difference from the 'tow' setting.
Very quick off the line, without putting my foot into it at all. Much better for entering the on ramps . Noticed a slight higher rmp by maybe 100 or 200 at idle. temps seem to be much the same. I still plan to do an exhaust mod in the future before we do any serious towing. Also a Air filter mod also.
I haven't even owned the truck for a full tank of fuel yet...so I will be posting more in the future and I'm sure I will have more questions.

Brickman

Reaction score
I just got a 2000 PSD and am looking for MPG. First and foremost. It already has gauges and a 4" exhaust turbo back. Going fast takes second place. With today's prices I can't "play" too much.

Please post up your mileage gains with this or any other product.

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
I'd go with dp Tuner. Jody tunes them safe and usually gets the 7.3s 2-4mpg better. Just tell him what you are going to be doing with it and he can either put together a multi adjustable F6 or single phase tune (stays at the uprated setting all the time). Good guy to work with, and often with his upgrades they fix the problems that the competitors tuners cause. A lot of Powerstroke folks who have used the well known tuners end up getting rid of their stuff and switching over.

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
He has a website, just punch in dp Tuner in the search engine and he'll pop up. He'll get your truck to run like it should. If you don't tow with it, get rid of the 4.10s and find a 3.08 or similiar gear. With what you have, the tall gears, synthetics and the software your truck should hit the 20 + mpg range all the time.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrannonB

Members online