EBAY FIND NICE IDI

mark7.3idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the title issue is that it has roled over 100000 miles and me and sootman73 are good frends we both use that account.

JesterPgh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm wishing I had some spare cash right now. That looks like a pretty solid truck.

VanBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's my "good deal" story....:sly

Ebay buy (I posted about it- so some of you may have seen it during the summer.)

Specs:
1990 E350 Extended Club Wagon "XLT" (but more like a upgrade XL)- A/C (works after recharging), cruise control- but NO power locks or power windows
7.3L IDI w/ E4OD & 3.54LS

I'm third owner, first two were govt- both van pools. Govt agency that sold it was using it as a graffiti paint van... Interior has paint just about 90% on the front bench seat area. Slider door is trashed, doesn't lock, has dent on rear part and part of body.

Govt sold it w/ 250K miles at least (so they say). Its and runs okay. Said it had to be 'towed' home since it had no brakes. Well, their "no brakes" was mushy brakes- buddy who came to help me load it said, "I'll drive it" and did. Still driving it like that.... needs rear brake shoes, master cylinder, injector return line kit (leaks enough that if it sits a long time, you get a no start- :D).

Good points. Lots of low end grunt. Good acceleration still. Tranny shifts normal I think- bit harder then my other 1990. Tires at at least 70% remaining tread. High idle for warm up still works- go figure. And the nice kicker- she'll start w/out having to be plugged in even if the over night temps have been below 20F (hack, even when the all time high was 20F).... starter spins great and batteries are only 2 years old.

Cost, with tax and transfer- right about $700.00 :eek: Its my beater rig... or an engine doner when local Craigslists have a Ford 4x4 diesel that needs and engine...... ;p ... at the right price that is.... :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent