E4od T case for ZF5 swap.

Rossroams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all, picked up a new T case from a E4od for 75$ to replace the slipping slush box in the truck as of now. Truck’s a 87 f250 ZF5 to 1356. The cases are a bit different at the tail shaft and I do have the driveshaft with slip joint from the 4407 case... believe that’s the type of the new case.

You must be registered for see images attach

onetonjohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought all the 4407 were that bolt on yoke (stronger). My plan was to put one of these behind my ZF conversion. Does your's have have PTO? These are very heavy duty transfer cases, albeit a little odd ball, because they only used them for a couple years. Hang on to the rear yoke, they are hard to find. I've got a transfer case without the yoke and haven't been able to find one yet.

Rossroams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought all the 4407 were that bolt on yoke (stronger). My plan was to put one of these behind my ZF conversion. Does your's have have PTO? These are very heavy duty transfer cases, albeit a little odd ball, because they only used them for a couple years. Hang on to the rear yoke, they are hard to find. I've got a transfer case without the yoke and haven't been able to find one yet.

Okay I’m going to be real with ya, chief. I’m kind of an idiot. So by PTO I assume you mean “power take off”? As to how I find that I have no idea. You’d have to guide me through that.

The new 4407 (I believe) is in the picture on the crate. It came off a 250 service truck, fragged 358, and a D50 I stole the lock outs off. I have the rear driveshaft and yoke. So it’s basically bolt on and use the driveshaft with it??

onetonjohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, PTO is power take off. I'm not super clear how you tell if it's got the PTO option or not, I just know that some had it other didn't. it will be a rectangular plate that looks like this pic - although this is the cover on my ZF, the one on T-case will look the same. If you don't have it no big deal, if you do great. It will be on the side opposite where the front drive comes out - toward the bottom (at least it is on mine).

You could check T-case mating surface to yoke. Doesn't need to be exact, but I would think an inch would be a lot of difference - I am not an expert on this, please check with other here, or local drive line shop.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online