E4OD Suckage

torinoracer29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whenever you see temps spike like that,you want to stop doing what your doing.preferably drive with no load,but pulling over and putting her in park for a few mins will do the trick.
if temps still climb,then shut it right down.unhook a trans cooler line and start the truck.see if she's pumping fluid still.if not then your plugged up somewhere or your pump failed.
had you shut her right down,you could have towed her home,fixed the front pump for around 100$ bucks and been back in action.

it's just like any other gauge.if your oil pressure drops what do you do? shut her off asap and let her roll to the side of the road.
if your EGT gauge reads high,you back off the skinny or drop a gear.
if you listen to your gauges asap,you can save loads of $.;Sweet

Well I did stop what I was doing as fast as I could but by that time it was already to late, she was already puking. I did stop previous to this and check fluid level and allow to cool with a quick cup of coffee. The temps climbed so fast it was over pretty quick. The tow home with a trailer would have been very costly, so the money spent for a new and better trans I quess is well spent

boxathey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im only about 30 minutes from Hermitage, if you run across any problems or need help wrenching let me know id be willing to give you a hand.

torinoracer29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im only about 30 minutes from Hermitage, if you run across any problems or need help wrenching let me know id be willing to give you a hand.

I appreciate the offer hopefully I wont need it. I did get my truck back on thursday morning. Hooked up the trailer and gave it a 320 mile durability test and I must say I am pretty happy so far. Made the trip no problem trans temp never higher than 150 degrees and that new billet torgue has an amazing lock up when it locks in, shifts real firm but not real hard, I never felt that from the ford trans also the old ford trans ran at 180-200 degrees since the day I put it in, this one 150 hauling about 4000 lbs behind me and about 1500 in the bed. I am gonna throw a fit with the ford dealer I bought the trans from, that trans should have been trouble free for at least 90,000 miles when properly maintained. I have the parts he took out of the trans and there is a valve that he replaced that looks like it was thrown around the parking lot before it was installed, he never seen one look like that in thirty years of trans work.