Dust in the air...

trucknorris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everytime I drive the 250, i cough for next couple of days.. there is some kind of [fine] dust in the air that's making me alergic to it.. it has gotten worse after i vacuumed the evaporator from the fan side. i run out of daylight to open it on the other side, and get the rest of the crap out... do you guys have any suggestions how to get this crap out.. literally?

You must be registered for see images attach

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
And describe your symptoms.
By the way, unfortunately these trucks don't have a cabin air filter, but I believe there's an option to add one.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

trucknorris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you take the other side of evap off? I can never seem to position myself to be able to reach the bottom screws.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I'm betting you have some horrible bacteria growing on the ac condenser. Several members have removed the box in the engine compartment to allow more room to pull the heads so its been done. I know there is a spray on cleaner foam that can clean off the fins. Don't know the name of it but you spray it on and wash it off.

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Try stuffing rags in the dash vents, crank up the fan, and spray some diluted bleach or Lysol in through the fresh air inlet. Check the corners of the cab for damp carpet from leaks and sterilize that too.

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just did this Vlad.

I had to use my 1/4 drive air ratchet and lay on top of the core support to get the cover off the engine side of the evaporator. Those 8mm bolts are tough to reach and have any movement in there once you get the socket on the bolt. There is also a 13 mm bolt through it you have to access from the inside of the cab under the glove box.

trucknorris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How bad was your evap? I may have to do this on Sunday + the bleach trick.

I just did this Vlad.

I had to use my 1/4 drive air ratchet and lay on top of the core support to get the cover off the engine side of the evaporator. Those 8mm bolts are tough to reach and have any movement in there once you get the socket on the bolt. There is also a 13 mm bolt through it you have to access from the inside of the cab under the glove box.

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Believe it or not, mine wasn't bad at all. I just blew it out with compressed air. I was trying to make the fan blow harder, which,strangely enough, blows much harder now after battery cable and battery replacement.