DRW gen 8-9 guys... Spare tire?

austin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't see a proper place to mount a spare on my F-Superduty without doing some crazy hacking. Keep in mind the midship tank and rear tank. Also putting an air tank on the other side of the midship.

I could go with a bed mount, but that's the last thing I want.

Any drw guys got a good idea? (Not sure on the factory offerings)

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if they make such an item but if you have a hitch receiver you might be able to fab up a spare tire mount that would fit the hitch receiver. As for my truck I have no spare and haven't had one since I owned the truck.

austin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if they make such an item but if you have a hitch receiver you might be able to fab up a spare tire mount that would fit the hitch receiver. As for my truck I have no spare and haven't had one since I owned the truck.

I've thought about that. I could make a swing away that mounts to the hitch. That's a fair amount of fab work, though.

As for having a spare - I'll be driving from Atlanta to Daytona for the next year and a half, so I don't want to be out of commission.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
unless you need the bed id throw it in the bed
but a hitch mount could work too
theres no room on a fsd for a spare unfortunatly so you can try youre best
but one option most dont consider with a drw truck is an outter bed mount on the side just cut out the bed recess tire in and build an inbed style mount