DRW gen 8-9 guys... Spare tire?

austin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't see a proper place to mount a spare on my F-Superduty without doing some crazy hacking. Keep in mind the midship tank and rear tank. Also putting an air tank on the other side of the midship.

I could go with a bed mount, but that's the last thing I want.

Any drw guys got a good idea? (Not sure on the factory offerings)

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if they make such an item but if you have a hitch receiver you might be able to fab up a spare tire mount that would fit the hitch receiver. As for my truck I have no spare and haven't had one since I owned the truck.

austin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if they make such an item but if you have a hitch receiver you might be able to fab up a spare tire mount that would fit the hitch receiver. As for my truck I have no spare and haven't had one since I owned the truck.

I've thought about that. I could make a swing away that mounts to the hitch. That's a fair amount of fab work, though.

As for having a spare - I'll be driving from Atlanta to Daytona for the next year and a half, so I don't want to be out of commission.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
unless you need the bed id throw it in the bed
but a hitch mount could work too
theres no room on a fsd for a spare unfortunatly so you can try youre best
but one option most dont consider with a drw truck is an outter bed mount on the side just cut out the bed recess tire in and build an inbed style mount

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes