dps has my $$ i have no injectors

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually I agree with you that you get the best burn with atomization, no debate. Of course I think your problems stem from the fact that you had 2 dead holes. The poor spray pattern is by no means specific to Ken, Stanadyne had this QC problem in the early 2000s as well. Not that I defend Ken totally, there's no excuse for his unkept promises and customer no service. Is that DPS pump still going or did you have to toss it? Seems like you said the shaft seals were starting to leak? I was told that you should use the Stanadyne parts for the shaft seals and if the cheap aftermarket ones were no good, and will leak quickly.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
I really feel bad for Ken He is truly a nice guy, and does know his stuff. He just does not know how to run a buisness. When you say your going to do something you do it. If not you call the customer and tell them what is going on. I have delt with him on a number of occasions and most were positive, but the ones that werent made it that I won't use him again. The bummer part is that I could use him a lot. but he is just too undependable. That's not how I run my buisness and I try not to deal with people that do.

I have a set of "G" code injectors with maybee 5K miles on them that I would be willing to sell. If you are interested let me know.

Later,..

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
he maybe a nice guy and all but like darrin said that is not how u run a business and i hope he reads this thread and figures out what he is doing wrong for his business because i personally i will never use dps for anything but im still undecided on what i want to do i want more power but i want the reliblity still there

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
will my stock nozzles work well with ur pump im probably gonna take that 300 and put that $$ into my moose pump fund and possibly take out my vacation pay to get it rolling

I believe most of my customers are running stock nozzles with no problems.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Nice guy or not, you have to make good on your business deals. I've been screwed by the nicest of people before. That's actually when it hits you hardest, because you trust them more.

SASKR

Reaction score
If anyone is interested I have a DPS turbo cal pump & 8 Stage 1 injectors .
Bought for a hop up project that can't. I used the "PLAY" money to put a new mill in my 94 F250. She burnt up the back 2 piston ( that CDR problem we have). I put a reman mill direct from IH with a rebuilt high efficiency rad.
Now don't have the funds to complete my "fun" . Paid $700 a year ago. How does $550 plus shipping sound. THX Rick