Down Pipe & 4 Inch Exhaust

bigdraft

Strokin..Not ******
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals. I FINALLY figured out where my exhaust leak is coming from.....and where all the jingeling noise is coming from. My downpipe, where it hooks into the cat is all rotted away. The clamps are broke that hold the cat and next piece of pipe together. There is also a split right behind where the muffler used to be. Most of the exhaust hangers are broke........thats the jingeling noise. NOW.........what is the best downpipe for a 95? I'm thinking about one that exits at 4 inch, and running 4 inch straight pipe to right in front of the rear tire on passenger side. Shouldn't be too hard right? Wxcept for the downpipe part. Anyway, good downpipe? Who makes a good one for a fair price?????????? And, anyone wanna install it for me? I'll bring the beer......... ;Sweet

DBogo

Reaction score
i was wondering the same thing who makes a good downpipe for the best price

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like Hypermax stuff, but it's not the cheapest. I'm sure one of the vendors here has something affordable.

I would NOT suggest exiting in front of the rear tire. I had my truck set up this way for about a year, and though it looks cool, the noise is unbearable.

I have 285 mudders and the exhaust blowing onto the passenger rear mudder sounded terrible. Also, when you drive next to gaurdrails, embankments, etc., the noise is awful.

I know it's tempting to do it, but trust me, you'll hate it after a while.

DBogo

Reaction score
is it just loud or whats the deal theres alot of people that seem to like it

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The reason I don't like it is because it ruined my diesel exhaust note. It sounds messed-up, not like a nice diesel sound.

I dunno, some guys might like it. I prefer to hear the engine & a nice exhaust rumble.

What happens when you exit in front of the tire is the exhaust blows on the tire tread and sounds weird. Maybe it's because I had mudders and the sidewall cleats made the exhaust sound strange.

Mark Craig

Advertising Sponsor
Reaction score
bigdraft,

We have the MBRP systems that are a 3 inch down pipe and a 4 inch system that exits near the stock location. They are available in aluminized and 409 stainless. We have sold a zillion down pipes a seperate items over the years and lots of folks have used that to turn out in front of their rear wheels. In most cases they called back later and wanted parts to make the exit to go to the stock location, noise soot etc was just too much to deal with etc. Call us if you have any questions.

Mark @ DPPI

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online