Down, but not out.

Ilovejunk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as many members here know, my 1988 idi was wrecked last December, and after a month or so of trades falling through, buyers ghosting out on me, and arguing back and forth with myself whether to sell or rebuild.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

I decided to pick this little project truck up and see if i can bring the beast back to life.

truck is a 1994 f-250, is generally shabby all around and has a poor running 302 and dead autotragic transmission; but the frame is clean and straight as far as i can tell and i got the truck for more or less scrap price.

SOOO, here goes nothing; supposed to be nice this weekend in NC so i think i'm gonna start blowing both trucks apart and start building what i want from the two.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it's discriminatory that they don't have a Copenhagen smiley face guy. Maybe Al Sharpton will take my case...:D

someone needs to wash their dirty mouth out with soap.
and im not talking about the chewing tobacco

Ilovejunk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tentative plan right now is to blow the 94 apart down to the bare rolling chassis, get rid of the tired gas burner; then clean and check everything and swap over all my trucks motor and trans mounts as well as suspension parts as the 94 is a LD 250 (7000lb gvw) which until today i didn't know existed.

then once the chassis is up to *****, i'm gonna take my idi and clean/reseal and serpentine swap it since it will be out in the open and much easier, contemplating SMF swap while its apart, never had any probs from the DMF yet but i figure the swap will never be easier than when the truck is apart so might as well.

then use my cab and bed and OBS parts and paint to complete the rebuild.

gotta use the 88 cab since it has a diesel VIN, and in nc if i used the 94 cab and VIN i would have to stay gasser as NC makes it difficult to swap the fuel classification on the registration and if it isn't changed its gotta pass a gasser inspection (i.e. catlytic converters, ecu, etc.). i know lots of people who get away with pre-OB2 trucks and a friends shop doing an "inspection" but i don't wanna lose my truck if they ever crack down on it, so i'll stick with the older cab that has the right VIN.

basically i am gonna go through and use the best parts from both trucks and build the truck for reliability.

Last edited:

Ilovejunk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice looking rig for scrape price. On behalf of everyone driving these rigs. Thanks for saving another one.:thumbsup::thumbsup::hail

looks good from far but far from good, the color hides Alot of dents in the bed, and the whole underside is covered in red mud, and interior is TRASHED but no real rust and the frame is rock solid which is what i was after since i can't find anyone local i trust to straighten my frame.