Door Open Chim

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the ones you have circled are actually diodes.
I believe my biggest challenge will be locating the parts...'Radio Shack' is useless.
BTW, there are a few more 'interesting' parts to the insides of this door-dinger.
I'll post them up 'if' I'm able to get it working again.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

dgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HD,
See if these links work:
Digikey 47uF Capacitor
Digikey 6.8 uf Capacitors

Note they are all radial capacitors as Digikey doesn't have aluminum axial caps in that farad rating. Voltage rating has to be the same or higher than what you have.

Mouser 47uf Capacitor
Mouser 6.8 uf Capacitors

It looks like Mouser has the axial style ones.

If you can get one side of each diode disconnected from the circuit without damaging them, you can test them with a VOM.

rlb245

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: Circuit Board

The 3 cap"s you have marked with an X is the most likely.
"]
[/URL]

The to small brown one's and the small blue are silicon type. The large black one is use for surge protection

The diode's can be checked with an ohm meter set at K100. As a rule you will get a read in one direction. then switch the leads around and the should be no reading on the ohm meter. But it deepens on what the diode is doing in the circuit. Best thing to do is de-solder one end of each diode and check it that way then your sure. if you can't find component give me a shout I'll help on that one to. Good luck

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's ALIVE!
Not sure 'if' replacing the 3-caps, or unplugging it and replugging it in or, because when I first took it apart I installed that stainless disc upside down (one side has a foam ring) but...the 'ding' is louder than ever!
Note the tipple forked piece...that falls into three holes in the circuit board and I 'think' strikes the metal disk to make it 'ding'
Kinda neat what's going on inside...and sure glad I didn't have to spend $90 at the stealer or walk around a bunch of cruddy Junk Yards.
Thanks for all the advice and help ;Sweet

Attachments

• 20130902_145940.jpg
    20130902_145940.jpg
    432.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 20130903_144728.jpg
    20130903_144728.jpg
    370.3 KB · Views: 7

Shadetreemechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's ALIVE!
Not sure 'if' replacing the 3-caps, or unplugging it and replugging it in or, because when I first took it apart I installed that stainless disc upside down (one side has a foam ring) but...the 'ding' is louder than ever!
Note the tipple forked piece...that falls into three holes in the circuit board and I 'think' strikes the metal disk to make it 'ding'
Kinda neat what's going on inside...and sure glad I didn't have to spend $90 at the stealer or walk around a bunch of cruddy Junk Yards.
Thanks for all the advice and help ;Sweet

cookoo Glad you got it going i guess. Mine worked for about 2 minutes on Sunday and about drove me crazy. I don't know what I would do if it worked all the time.

thx997303

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine worked once. It was weird. Now it doesn't work anymore. Maybe it will work again one day, but likely not.

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cookoo Glad you got it going i guess. Mine worked for about 2 minutes on Sunday and about drove me crazy. I don't know what I would do if it worked all the time.
To each their own, but personally I like things to work as designed. Plus, I get some satisfaction when fixing things that are otherwise easily deleted.
BTW...it's not supposed to work "all the time", only when it's supposed to, a 'reminder' if you will ;Sweet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online