Door Open Chim

G. Mann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one I will give you,,, soon as I dig that irritating piece of crap off the end of my sledge hammer.

It may need a little repair...

Really.. you actually use one? The drive me insane.

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after 25 years, mine died the other day > today (daylight) I had my headlights on because it was pouring rain. Got out of the truck (no chime) reminding me my lights were on...and they stayed on until I looked outside several hours later.
Besides, I kinda like OE stuff.

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe in your neck of the woods but around here 25 year old vehicles went to the crusher 10 years ago.

dgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where is it located? Since mine has never worked, I'd like to see if the PO disconnected it.

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
Maybe in your neck of the woods but around here 25 year old vehicles went to the crusher 10 years ago.

Guess I've always been spoiled then... even up north in the Midwest where I grew up, you could find 20-30 year old vehicles pretty regularly, and that was over 10 years ago. If you want me to, the next time I'm at the junkyard I can try and find a few for you.

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That thing is the first thing to go on my stuff! Mine was in the ash tray area on my f250. The one in my jeep was soldered to the back of the cluster and it met its fate with a pair of channel locks. I've been searching for the one on my moms Kia. That ones deafening .

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they where 25 yo old vehicles that went to the crusher 10 years ago they would be 35 now just so you know;Poke
That's how you comprehended my post, a 25 year old vehicle that went to the crusher ten years ago would have been 15 years old when it was CRUSHED and now > 'history'! ;Really
Allow me to clarify...in my area 'junk yards' don't usually keep 25 year old 'junk-vehicles'...they usually end up at the crusher waaaay before that.

And BTW, the upper-end XLT Lariat's had a pleasant 'door ding' not the lower-end seat-belt buzzzzzzzzer sound > ewww :D

Last edited:

rlb245

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced mine with a little electronics kit I got from a garage sale it chirps instead of dinging but it serves it's per-pause i guess

rlb245

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made one for my brother-in-law for Christmas last year that plays his Favorite country song. He hated the ding ding ding in his Silverrouto :rotflmao

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where is it located? Since mine has never worked, I'd like to see if the PO disconnected it.
I pulled one off a brick-nose truck not too long ago...at least on the brick, it's behind the ashtray, probably easiest to access from the driver's side. This is what it looks like:

You must be registered for see images attach

There were two other boxes next to it...one's the cruise control amplifier, the other's the ABS control module. The slant-nose won't have the ABS module, and I'm not 100% certain they're in the same spot, but I would imagine they're close...

(Sorry; I'm not letting go of this box...I want a chime instead of a buzzer, and I'm absent-minded enough that I need the reminder...)

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha...took mine apart and put it back together and it 'dings' faintly!
Mounted/bolted to a bracket up to the right of the steering column...gotta lay on your back to see and get to it.:rolleyes:

My Ford part #E6AB-10D840-A2A

$90 + shipping from the STEALER > fock that!

Researching to find out what other vehicles/Fords it was used in and how late it was used.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online