Door seals

Bart F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the thought, that Ford doors just are crap, ever pass your mind?
I have the gutfeeling that Ford used too thin metal or something like that for these doors!
I had some westcoast mirrors installed, and every time it rained when I was driving, I got completely wet, because these mirrors pulled the doors open due to their wind resistance.
in the end they deformed my doors to such a degree that I still cannot shut the doors as was intended by the factory.
And I have not a proper solution for that.

Brian VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine also has bigazz trailer mirrors. But both doors do still operate very nicely.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
On that note, what about replacing the windshield seal? Is that a DYI job or better to pay a pro?
What are the chances that ia new one might reduce engine noise in the cab?
Our windshields are held in by adhesive instead of an actual seal like the rear window is. From my experience, it's really difficult to get an old windshield out without breaking it. If yours happens to not be completely sealed, then it might let wind noise into your cab.

Brian VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. Thanks. Just exploring all options to get the engine noise down in the cab.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
As far as windshields go, I'm definitely in the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" category. Even if it's broke, I still may not get around to fixing it. That laziness is mostly due to our fairly lax enforcement of laws.

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To replace the Windshield, it has to be cut out by a Glass Shop.
Remove your Sill Plate and lift up the Carpet, if it is wet, probably the Windshield leaking.

I had a shop cut mine out and then masking taped it onto the truck. Drove the 25 miles back home. Then with help from my Wife we lifted it out, then worked on for about 2 weeks grinding and cleaning out where is lives down to shiny metal.

Got it all prepped and gave it 2 coats of POR, found some rust holes and covered them with some thin fiberglass, and soaked in POR.

Threw in the window and drove back to the shop and they installed a new window for $175.
Got one with the darkest Tint at the top.

There are 16 clips up both sides, and 9 different clips that hold on your trim. In case the shop doesn`t have them, and you need them, Bronco Grave Yard has them.

Goat

Olds64

Reaction score
Ok. Thanks. Just exploring all options to get the engine noise down in the cab.

If you're replacing or modifying the weather stripping don't forget to replace the window sweeps. You should be able to get them from LMC. FWIW, the weather stripping on my Bullnose is in decent shape but the window sweeps are quite deteriorated.

Brian VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here. They're dry and cracked. I actually have the new sweeps here.
Now I'm considering doing the whole shebang because my wife noticed the daylight showing through the cab seal. But it seems that a new seal won't fix the problem. :-(

Last edited:

Bart F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here. They're dry and cracked. I actually have the new sweeps here.
Now I'm considering doing the whole shebang because my wife noticed the daylight showing through the cab seal. But it seems that a new seal won't fix the problem. :-(
I wonder, are you sure the upper part of your doors is not bent a little bit?
normally spoken the gap between the door and the body should everywhere being equal.

Brian VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The doors line up perfectly with the outside of the cab and they work perfectly. That's why I'm hesitant to start messing with adjusting the doors.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight

Members online

No members online now.