Does Techron clean up dirty-burning wmo engines?

Full Monte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Techron does such a good job on gasoline engines, I was wondering if anyone has experience with using it as an additive to their wmo to cut down on some of the carbon buildup I've read about.

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dunno. I got around 40 quart bottles of the stuff that the truck driver would empty into the ground tank at the gas stations. I was thinking of adding it to wmo and see if it did anything.

kristhewelder

Reaction score
Techron wmo and diesels.

Hi, I am A new guy This site is really good.A buddy of mine used to sell Chevron Gas and Diesel.He had 1 qt bottles off concentrated Techron. He got them from the fuel truck driver Also. My buddy also sold Bg Products and I am a big redline fuel additive fan.We did a semi scientific comparison of all these additives in my 01F550 stretch with a 7.3 powerstroke, my W250 with the 5.9 cummins,My buddys 4700 international(T444e)my friends 89 3500 dually (6.5)and our local motor carrier enforcement troopers 99 w250 dodge with a cummins 5.9.And the winner is techron then Redline diesel treatment, then bg diesel 44k(didn't seem to do any thing And 35.00 A qt.then a wild card -Lucas fuel stabilizer-Costs about .05 a gallon. we didn't use retail techron due to cost and low amount of active ingredient. the concentrated techron is kinda hard to get a hold of. Lucas has now solvent and you can't over treat also a good injector and top end lube with the ultra low sulfer fuel.All these trucks had high miles and the weren't Easy miles Everybody drove them like we stole them.Any how this is just one mans opinion, thanks