does FORD has a dept. where to get valid techn. data which I can use for registration?

Bart F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if FORD has somewhere a desk, or a museum (desk) where they can supply me with some valid tech data for my 1989 F-350?
I need some to get my registration in France complete.

gnathv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What type of data are you needing? Most of the specifications are on the door tag.

Bart F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, I Know, and mine is still there and readable.
though it was a Air Force ambulance no tow weight was given, and now I have transformed it into a flat deck with a tow hook, I'm very interested in some official numbers from the Blue oval.
I have difficulty in Imagening that that would be impossible, because if you have another FORD truck from the same year, same frame, cab, engine, trans and axles and brakes, tow weight should be Identical, shouldn't it?

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gcvwr is all your going to find.
And fwiw, you will be shocked once you do the math as to what's listed.
Now there's members scaling well into the high #20000 range or more.
Just remember YOU HAVE TO STOP all that weight...
Sorry that is all I got.

gnathv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you search Ford VIN decoder you may find what you’re looking for.

Bart F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to disagree with you, but as I said before, this was a ambulance, and therefore they only list the GVWR @ 11.000Lb.
and that's the reason why I ask for that Ford desk.

sheepman

TDS Refugee
Reaction score
Ford did have a department you can contact. You provide the vin and they will send you some the info they have on the vin. You can also look under the flooring for the build sheet. The build sheet if it’s still there will have all the options and some other info.

Bart F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now there's members scaling well into the high #20000 range or more.
Just remember YOU HAVE TO STOP all that weight...
Not me, the brakes of my truck,and trailer, yes.
and I noticed many of the US trailers are electric brakes, we don't know that here, all of our (almost all) bumperpull trailers are inertia braked. but with axles and brakes that match their max. loaded weight.

Bart F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, I can't do much with all those ways they suggest you contact them, I don't "do"any of them, and thelephoning them, I haven't acces from outside the USA to those 0800 (money earning ) numbers.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Hmmm, I can't do much with all those ways they suggest you contact them, I don't "do"any of them, and thelephoning them, I haven't acces from outside the USA to those 0800 (money earning ) numbers.
1-800 and 1-866 is toll free in the United States. Free Google Voice perhaps?

FrozenMerc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even if you get ahold of Ford, I would be surprised if they can provide you with the needed information. Your truck was likely sold as a chassis cab or cutaway which means "Incomplete Vehicle" in industry parlance. With unfinished trucks, the body builder then becomes responsible for the final specs on the finished vehicle. I.E. Ford had no idea how much the ambulance body was going to weigh or if the ambulance bumper would support a tow package, and as such would not publish final GCWR and Tow ratings. Even Axle weight ratings would often get changed by the body builder as (especially in the ambulance world) leaf spring suspensions would get removed and be replaced with air ride so the ambulance can kneel. You may be better off tracking down the body builder, if they are still in business.

I am guessing your VIN tag looks something like this and states "Incomplete Vehicle".

You must be registered for see images attach

Bart F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have a point there, But Ford MUST know for how much weight the assembly was designed in the beginning, maybe they could say something about that?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online