Anti Cavitation test strips and bottles where to get these days?

Bart F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was reading trough some articles regarding Cavitation of our engines.

Most of these articles were from 2008 and a bit later.

Now I'm wondering, if I still can get these test strips, and the bottles of that product, was that DCA?
and if their parts numbers are still valid?

and if by any chance someone knows if they sell that in Europe as well?
Thanks.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The test strips are controversial, they only last a year and most of the time have gone bad. @Cubey is the expert there.

You can buy special coolant called "fleet charge" that already has SCAs in it, or you can add a coolant filter set up and use a coolant filter that has SCAs in it that slow release and you don't have to worry about it. And yeah the motorcraft part number should be legit for the coolant additive.

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which coolant do you have now? The low silicate ethylene glycol (old green stuff)

I like: https://www.acustrip.com/cgi-bin/proddesc.cgi?s=2050-4 I assume they would ship to the old country. They have a good tutorial on testing and reading the strip on their website.

My strips are going on 2 years old, kept in my crawl space, and are still good.

If your coolant is not full of contaminants, don’t go throwing it away until you test it and see how it reads.

Like JF said, Cubey just went through this and ended up with acustrip

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
I use the NAPAkool additive, and the NAPA test strips. Not sure if that's going to be available over there.

The napa strips I ordered were a year expired. Napa paid the return shipping but took forever to refund me and i had to call twice to get them to do it.

nelstomlinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I test each gallon of coolant after I mix it, I test each truck I'm driving a couple of times a year, and I still wind up tossing half the test strips when they get old. They're cheap enough it's not a big deal to get a fresh batch every year or so.

Bart F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which coolant do you have now? The low silicate ethylene glycol (old green stuff)
I'm not really sure,
It's yellow-greenish fluo, like we had in the army, but I get it from my garagist, and he gets it out of big blue barrels without any label on it, All I know is that it's protected to -35*C

bulletpruf

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I like: https://www.acustrip.com/cgi-bin/proddesc.cgi?s=2050-4 I assume they would ship to the old country. They have a good tutorial on testing and reading the strip on their website.

My strips are going on 2 years old, kept in my crawl space, and are still good.

If your coolant is not full of contaminants, don’t go throwing it away until you test it and see how it reads.

Like JF said, Cubey just went through this and ended up with acustrip

Bumping with a related question. I'm going to use low silicate Napa green coolant and add Napa Kool SCAs. Would the acustrip work with the Napa Kool?

Thanks

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Bumping with a related question. I'm going to use low silicate Napa green coolant and add Napa Kool SCAs. Would the acustrip work with the Napa Kool?

Thanks

Yes. I have unknown coolant in the van, plus it has been leaking (water pump, soon to be replaced) and I added oreilly conventional green. I used sca from fleetpride. accustrips work fine with that mix.

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@bulletpruf as Cubey said, strips will work perfectly. I have the old green coolant as well. The molybdenum will just read blank (white i think) and you will just read the nitrite portion. The graph on the bottle accounts for this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online

No members online now.