Where to get (if still possible?) these parts new?

Bart F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
I wonder if any of you can help me point in the right direction?
That white part in the image is a clip that holds the Transmission computer in place behind the left cover where the hood opener also is installed on a 1989 F-350 7,3 diesel.
as you see, mine is broken, I like to get a new one?

Part Two, for the same truck a hood to cowl water drip rail? (The one preventing that water get's into the airfilter-engine).

Part three; the seal on the BW 1356 transfer case where you insert the rear drive shaft?

And, can I get new seals for the 5 orange cab marker lights?

Attachments

• IMG_5379.JPG
    IMG_5379.JPG
    161.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5382.JPG
    IMG_5382.JPG
    136 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5386.JPG
    IMG_5386.JPG
    362.6 KB · Views: 5

Brian VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The cab lights are readily available (NAPA has them for sure and Ebay has sellers that sell a kit of all 5) and they come with seals and new bulbs. I had to chisel my old lights off as someone had glued/sealed them. Maybe the foam seals leak? We haven't had any rain to test mine yet. I doubt you will find the foam seals separate. You could make them easy enough if you were so inclined.

Cowl seal is part # E7TZ1502824A. I just replaced mine also.

Last edited:

Bart F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, I forget, is there a new coolant overflow tank somewhere to buy which is not horrible expensive ?

Attachments

• IMG_5388.JPG
    IMG_5388.JPG
    321.7 KB · Views: 10

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don`t recognize that plastic piece. You can do a repair with Super Glue and baking Soda.

Here is a Google search...that first video is a guy doing a plastic repair.

Click on (Images) at the top, and pictures come up. Amazing what can be done with the stuff.

The Coolant Bottle I think is no longer available. (NLA)
The junk yards is best bet for an original one.
Don`t know what you have in France for JY`s, and doubt won`t fine many old Fords in there.

The one`s I come across here in the States, are not always in the best of shape.

Maybe to get you by, a Super Glue patch will hold you for a while.

Goat

Last edited:

Bart F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the combination of windscreen wiper fluid, and the cooling liquid catch can (which is broken) for the 1989 model year.
I'm not sure to repair, both reservoirs are pretty chrispy.
they're old and brittle.
If I can't find any of this model for a reasonable price, I might have to find alternative models.
with all the big expenses for shipping, and availability of parts, we start more and more to look like Cuba (and their way of repairing those '50's cars)

PossumTruck

Reaction score
It's the combination of windscreen wiper fluid, and the cooling liquid catch can (which is broken) for the 1989 model year.
I'm not sure to repair, both reservoirs are pretty chrispy.
they're old and brittle.
Perhaps you might consider cleaning, roughing it up, cleaning (x2), and putting some fiberglass matt/cloth with resin over the exterior. Unless you are going for a restore, that might be a field-expedient fix that ends up also being a long-term fix.

Bart F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the sound of that!, and maybe somewhere in the future when I stumble over a brand new original...... (dreaming...)

Powerstrokin350

Reaction score
I like the sound of that!, and maybe somewhere in the future when I stumble over a brand new original...... (dreaming...)
I’m pretty sure I’ve seen some reasonably priced ones on eBay or Amazon, can’t remember which. Just replaced my Radiator, water pump and thermostat and was contemplating replacing the tank also but didn’t. $ is getting tight.

Bart F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone a suggestion for that white clip(broken) that holds the trans computer in place? (in LH footwell behind the kick panel)
And I would like to have that little clip that holds the speedo cable in it's place at the BW 1356 transfer case.

If anyone know where to get these, Thanks.

Bart F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone a suggestion for that white clip(broken) that holds the trans computer in place? (in LH footwell behind the kick panel)
And I would like to have that little clip that holds the speedo cable in it's place at the BW 1356 transfer case.

If anyone know where to get these, Thanks.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online