does FORD has a dept. where to get valid techn. data which I can use for registration?

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Op
Over here and especially in California, the state department of motor vehicles wants any and all revenue possible!
So any time a vehicle is out of the system (10 years not registered without a non opp cert, here), brought in from out of state, re assembled from a variety of vehicles (a vehicle without a "documented" history) they can require a verification .
A company bonded by the state(fees and taxes paid to the state) to provide legal witness of said vehicle shall discover the provenance of the vehicle.

This helps when one takes a frame with a vin (vehicle identifier) then takes a different body, and or Drive train and puts em together.
This also applies to full kit cars with an mso not issued.

Mso= manufacturers statement of origin
P.R.K= People's Republic of kommiefornia
Non opp= statement of non operational status,(you aint using it)

Last edited:

Bart F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, apart from all the fees etc. that's not such a bad Idea!?
that gives at least the creative people a legal chance to do what they like to do...

I'm not aware of such a facility over here. I guess is too complicated for them? :)

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Op
Over here and especially in California, the state department of motor vehicles wants any and all revenue possible!
So any time a vehicle is out of the system (10 years not registered without a non opp cert, here), brought in from out of state, re assembled from a variety of vehicles (a vehicle without a "documented" history) they can require a verification .
A company bonded by the state(fees and taxes paid to the state) to provide legal witness of said vehicle shall discover the provenance of the vehicle.

This helps when one takes a frame with a vin (vehicle identifier) then takes a different body, and or Drive train and puts em together.
This also applies to full kit cars with an mso not issued.

Mso= manufacturers statement of origin
P.R.K= People's Republic of kommiefornia
Non opp= statement of non operational status,(you aint using it)
That's an idea. If the original Ford owners manual is not good enough, do you have a business over there that builds trucks? They are called "upfitters" over here. They are certified to modify vehicles and make their own nameplates with the pertinent numbers on them.

Who put the flatbed on the truck? If it was one of those businesses, they should be able to make a plate, create a letter, anything you needed. I would at least talk to them and see what they said.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Contact USAF yet?
An afterthought, the dx contractor should have the info also....
DX= taken outta service.
The guy you got it from should provide specs, you're too late to press the sale upon delivery of this information.

Bart F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mmmm, Airforce, could even be worse than Ford itself.
I know how they work, and yes I'm late for anything else connecting to the sale of that truck, very late Hihihihi
I'm not even sure if at this time the airforce still remember they owned this ambu?? :)

Reactions: Clb

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Staff online