Delphi Injectors

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
within 100 lbs isnt bad. I shoot for 50 but sometimes it wont happen.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All I gotta say is those darn delphi injectors better turn out good when I get them pop tested later this week. This injector ordeal has become quite the project this summer lol.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Heres some info about the shims used for injecters. A 1 thousands shim equals 50 lbs. I have tried several locations here in cali and nobody has or will sell them. So I salvaged what I have from G codes and other injecters I had. The one shop I was useing years ago for engine repairs like the sleeveing of number 8 cylinder when it cavitated had just thrown out two 5 gallon buckets of used injecters... Twas a sad day when I found that out....:cry:

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just recieved the delphis today. Sure enough, the box says made in Mexico. But they sure do look alot better than the mylex reman injunkers that's for sure. I will reply back with results when they are pop tested here in a few days.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only (repeat ONLY) thing I've purchased from Mylex is new Delphi's. The reason is, no one else had any at the time and I wanted to get my Moose injectors under the EDM machine. I bought a new set from them and shipped them directly to Mel for Moose mods.

Man, I hate to hear about all the trouble you've had with those injectors. Here's to hoping the new Delphi's all will pop open when they should, have an excellent pattern, and give you many trouble free miles.

Heath

idi_econoline

No Bed For Me!
Reaction score
The manager at my local injection shop says they NEVER pop test new Delphi's, but they HAD to pop test the previous new Stanadynes and whatever-the-other-OEM brand was (I forget), due to many quality problems.

She said the Delphis are ALWAYS right on..... :confused:

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shes full of it. Ive done HUNDREDS and they are all over, maybe their gauge only goes to 1500lbs

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I'm with Russ above... Somebody is smokeing crack telling you they never have issues with new delphi Bb codes. The mexico builders have very little quality control... So your best yo look closely at them...

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shes full of it. Ive done HUNDREDS and they are all over, maybe their gauge only goes to 1500lbs

I'm with Russ above......

X 3! Gotta test them, new doesn't mean good. Take it from Russ, he's had hundreds of those Delphi's in his hands and on the tester. They certainly can sent you a lemon or two from the factory.

Heath

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got a call from the diesel shop I took my delphi injectors for pop testing. Mechanic said they all checked out good. Had good pop pressure and pattern with all 8. I am not used to hearing good news lately so this is promising lol. Thanks for everyone who gave great advice.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got my injectors back today. The reciept says all the injectors were all at 13 bar and good patterns.
Does anybody know what 13 bar means??? :dunno

idi_econoline

No Bed For Me!
Reaction score
It's a metric thang, Hydro. Those of us with old VWs know that much. Still have a metric oil pressure gauge in mine.....

Don't know the conversion off the top of my head, but my injection shop gave me target number of 2,025 psi.

justinray

Contributor
Reaction score
Testing them is always beneficial, and another good idea is pop testing them at around 5000 miles, the springs wear slightly and may need to be reshimmed, also you may find that one became a slight leaker.

Burninoil

Reaction score
At 13 bar or 130 bar or all 8 were within 13 bar of each other? 13 bar 188 psi, 130 bar 1885 psi roughly.

idi_econoline

No Bed For Me!
Reaction score
Update over here: Boss at the inj shop STILL didn't want to pop the BBs I bought there. :dunno

After some badgering, she did say she was going on vacation, but her guys would pop test if I bought them lunch. ;Sweet

I did, and was allowed to watch the testing. All had a nice pattern, popping within 50 psi of the 130 bar mark.

:D

Attachments

• IMG00471-20120907-1158.jpg
    IMG00471-20120907-1158.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 30

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7