Delphi Injectors

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone I'm back with another wonderful injector situation :cry:.
Here is the rundown. So I ordered and installed Mylex injectors about two months ago. Ever since then, I have been battling problems. I first thought was okay, maybe advanced timing and/or a really bad batch of WATF was the problem.....but it wasn't. Then I tried two heavy doses of seafoam in filter....still didn't help. After further inspection, I managed to melt two glowplug tips and filled a precup full of rock hard carbon. Before installation, old injectors were in okay shape and happened to find one leaker out of the eight....and the precups didn't have severe carbon buildup.
Anyways, my engine now runs on all eight cylinders after again replacing 2 cylinders with mylex remans....again. However, my engine still isn't right. It does have a knock at idle as well as intermittant black smoke when I get the rpm's high. I am unable to pinpoint which cylinder it is coming from. I have tried cracking lines and using stethescope...but no luck. Mylex International is working to resolve situation so I am not really all that upset because things happen unintentionally. I called mylex manager today and he said I could send back the remanufacured injectors (and get store credit refund) and purchase their brand new Delphi injectors to see if this resolves issues. I agreed with the idea and told him I would be ordering them in a couple of days. If they gave me a complete cash refund, I would be looking into typ4's injectors but this isn't an option for me....more like store credit and not cash back. But I also told him I will be taking the new delphis to a diesel shop to have them pop tested to verify each one is working as it should before installation.
Can some of you guys tell me about these new delphi injectors? Any help would be appreciated as always. Thanks

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
I have a set of Delphi BB's in my 84. They have been good thus far. however, I have only put about 3k on them. Truck is parked now, IP is on its way out.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New Delphi BB code injectors are a good brand, the trouble recently is you really don't know where they are made or any new injector for that matter. Quality seems to have declined on just about all of them. Delphi is a GM subsidary IIRC, there injectors were made in Mexico at a new plant there, but recently it's been said the injectors are made in India and another country I can't recall. UI guess you pays your money and ya takes your chances, as the saying goes. Whatever you buy, you should have them pop tested before installation.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It amazes me that things aren't made here in America like they used to. I would have thought the delphi injectors would still be made here but this news doesn't surprise me. And yes, they will be pop tested before I even think about putting them in my rig. Sure wish I could get a refund to buy typ4's injectors. Guess the old delphi's will have to do for now.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Buying from typ4 is what we here recommend. Mel is another great guy to buy new injectors from. Both of these members are of great standing here. nobody does it better thn these two guys either. They both sell the new Delphi Bb codes and thats what works best in our engines. For a long time I ran G codes because they were the "turbo" injector. So talking with Russ one day I bought a set of BB delphis from him. They are the only codes available.. Bb codes... What a great injector. The out proformed the G codes hands down. I will never use a G code ever again. I was a believer in the G codes... Till I tried some Bb codes.... We do learn sometimes. Buying new injectors is far bettr than a rebuilt injector but.. I understand the cost facture too. We buy what we can afford sometimes. Mostly we are happy with the new sets but once in a while a bad injector pops up because of poor quality control....

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The delphis I get are made in mexico FWIW. And the pop ranges all over about 200 lbs average. had one stuck open new. thats why I test them.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great points icanfixall. And to typ4....I hope this isn't true haha. No offense to stuff being manufactured/assembled in Mexico, but I have had NO luck with anything that was made in Mexico. Even though I have had occasional problems with parts made here in USA, it seems more common when goods are produced else where. Again, my opinion everyone.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
better than the ones from india or china.

idi_econoline

No Bed For Me!
Reaction score
Useful thread, Ian. Just because my old injectors seemed to run OK, I think I'll take 'em in for poppin' before I put 'em in my fresh heads.

MUCH easier to check them now, with my engine out.

Crossing my fingers - the aftermarket engine mounts I got are made in India....

Last edited:

84TD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to post this in the hall of shame but I will see what they have to say this week. I ordered a set from mylex, had a local shop pop them yesterday, 2 were really low and the rest were +-100, not good enough for me. They opened em up, the 2 that were low were full of rust. They had to completely disassemble and clean and re-shim the rest so they were matched. The shop said they think that all they did was clean to outside. When I called mylex before I ordered they said they would be +- 50 at most. BS

gsxjay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i feel bad for all the misshaps with mylex i have thae with zero issues for about a year got them till i got better ones that kinda thing

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need to post this in the hall of shame but I will see what they have to say this week. I ordered a set from mylex, had a local shop pop them yesterday, 2 were really low and the rest were +-100, not good enough for me. They opened em up, the 2 that were low were full of rust. They had to completely disassemble and clean and re-shim the rest so they were matched. The shop said they think that all they did was clean to outside. When I called mylex before I ordered they said they would be +- 50 at most. BS
That is exactly what I got from Pensacola Diesel, only they were G code. The SOB's charged me 20% restock, plus my cost of shipping back to them. Yeah, 5 out of 8 were rusted and froze up. What the hell is it with some of these so called rebuilders, is it "GREED", well they made about $31.80 from me and got there crap back to sell to someone else. I will bad mouth them to everyone I can til the day I die. :mad::mad::puke:

Last edited:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
All the above is why most of us have found that buying from a reputable forum member is the right thing to do. Getting ripped off really sucks... Thats why the Hall of Shame is here and full of those that cheat others... Time & time again...

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To 84td, have you called up mylex to let them know about the issues you have had with their reman injectors?? Lance seems to be a really nice guy and is working with me to resolve the issues I've had with their remans. He, however, kept telling me they haven't had any complaints with their injectors....which means he might need to watch his employees more carefully when they are resetting these injectors lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online