Decisions

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Mike, I run about 12-15k/year. I know it's not as much as what you are racking up, but wifey drops about 22k/year on her '02.

4x4 dually? :D ;Sweet Gotta thank Darrin for finding her for me. :hail
She has her flaws tho. Like needing a 6 lane highway to do a u-turn. :mad:
I figue I average bout 14 mpg on summer fuel but 11 on the winter blend.
I am always trying to find ways to improve economy tho.
Good luck, and make that garage door big enough. ;Sweet

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any time you take a good vehicle that you know, and trade it for what appears to be somebody elses good vehicle, that you don't know, your bound to end up spending a good bit on it. Consider a PSD in the price range your talking about. Probably a truck with over 160K on the clock. Priced any PSD injectors lately? How much of that body rubber, shocks, suspension wear points and U-joints do you think is going to be new? I doubt any of it. You can't make a good decision based on what you migth get for it if you wreck it. All you have to do is make sure that if it is wrecked, that it is somebody elses fault! The Moose Truck is probably worth 20K to me, and 2K to the insurance company. Yea, if it is lost, my heart will break, and I'll loose everything I put into it, but you can't live life worrying about what might happen. I'm probably going to have a much farther drive for my next job, and been thinking about trading the van and the Ranger on something fuel efficient, but when I think about the monthly payment, I realize that's a lot of gas money. I say keep it, get it painted, and enjoy!

82fordtruck

Reaction score
You guys make a hell of a good argument. I forgot about having to do all the body rubber, and front end parts, ect when I bought my truck. And, I always put ford parts in, except I have been having a difficult time finding them.

Ron - I do 20-25k per year. Wifey does about 40-45k on her town car (between the two of us). These damn things get expensive.

I have heard the CC 4x4s are hard to park, but I never park this thing anyway. It rarely goes into town.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have state farm and I would talk to them about the value, I just got them to step up and give me 900 bucks for a 75 11 ft camper that I had done a ton of work too. As you can imagine they couldnt even find one to compare value with. If you do all the work I would keep every reciept and if someone hits you then make their ins. pay for the value.
Had to go round and round with an allstate adjuster on my van. They dont realize that a diesel mechanic keeps older vehicles in better shape than thier new POS.
My 2c, i would keep it. The wife and I just talked about the same stuff and I love my old truck as you can tell by the sig i am putting some money in it.