Deal for parts made...Ya Ha

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK:yell:

Yesterday, Mike the manager at the wrecker I work at looked at the tractor I was making a deal with another friend. Well he is now going to be the one getting the tractor.

That being said, I was only a middle man in this deal introducing the two parties and now as a favor Mike is going to provide me with all the needed parts to complete my conversion of my Bronco to diesel. ;Sweet

I will still have to purchase my lift springs etc he is just providing me with stock parts so I will have absolutely everything to complete the truck. Things like rad and rad support, new sheet metal and lights etc. I am so stoked and thankful.

Once I have the transmission in :love: Val's (Warriormama) Bronco changed out mine comes off the road, and immediately goes into build mode:thumbsup:

Ill be doing a body off frame so I can mount suspension and have it sand blasted and painted, then it's up from there!:cool :cool

Cheaper Jeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK:yell:

Yesterday, Mike the manager at the wrecker I work at looked at the tractor I was making a deal with another friend. Well he is now going to be the one getting the tractor.

That being said, I was only a middle man in this deal introducing the two parties and now as a favor Mike is going to provide me with all the needed parts to complete my conversion of my Bronco to diesel. ;Sweet

I will still have to purchase my lift springs etc he is just providing me with stock parts so I will have absolutely everything to complete the truck. Things like rad and rad support, new sheet metal and lights etc. I am so stoked and thankful.

Once I have the transmission in :love: Val's (Warriormama) Bronco changed out mine comes off the road, and immediately goes into build mode:thumbsup:

Ill be doing a body off frame so I can mount suspension and have it sand blasted and painted, then it's up from there!:cool :cool

HEY! That's great! Sounds like that ought to save you some $$ to help with buying the 46" tires and maybe the gearplitter too! Man, I wish I could "luck" into a deal like that! Way to work it man!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
;Sweet I look forward to reading about your build up. Sounds like your going to do it a little nicer than I did, although cosmetics aside, I'm totally happy with mine.

Cheaper Jeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Riotwarrior - swung by and took a look at those tires for ya' today. DANG man, thos things are MONSTERS!

They look to be in darned good shape too. About 20/32" tread in the center and 27/32" of so on the outside lugs.

PM me an email address and I can send you some pictures

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Nothing like the thrill of wheeling and dealing eh?....Having a junkyard at your disposal is fun for junkyard dog's like us IDI owners. I made $330 on Thursday selling some cat converters off my parts mules and the crusher is on site now so 3 of my rigs are going bye bye....Making some room for some new "inventory".

I dropped off my PSD to Jim, should have my M12000 winch early next week....(still mounted on the Jeep) At 136lbs I'm going to need a sturdy removable mounting system....LOL

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya I am very fortunate that Mike is a wheeler dealer and heck he may even buy a whole wrecked truck so I can have what I need and he can still make money on whats left!.....

As for the tyres Cheaper, [email protected] would do fine.

Mel, I have a plan of which I am doing my best to follow. Warriormama (Dieselconversionsup) is very helpful in that she is always looking and encouraging me with it so that is really a big boon. Without her I doubt I would be as far as I am.

Oncer her truck is roadworthy, mine is off. The frame goes up to Penticton for a commercial sand blasting and epoxy paint job. A good starting point. Then it's a build from the frame up. The body won't be anything to fancy as I'll be cutting for clearance for tyres for sure.

Dana 70 rear 60 front leaf springs all around (read Cheap and tough), less I get a score on some good coilovers for a front setup.

Camo paint job, rhino lining or whatever they call it locally inside the body tub so I wont have any carpet of vinyl floor covering like I currently do.

That is basically the jist of what I plan. Oh ya...an Exo Cage for roll over protection!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle