DD/Worktruck build

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sell return kits that are genuine Delphi with my viton o-rings, also sell a check valve that was previously mentioned (thanks Adam!) that may be a good upgrade for you. The check valve goes inline just before your lift pump and will hold 5 psi of fuel pressure when the truck shuts down, keeping the fuel from running back to tank and loosing prime like you are experiencing.

JakeUlch

Reaction score
Sounds good, do you have a website or what’s the best way to get ahold of you?

JakeUlch

Reaction score
What’s going on fellas been slacking on working on the truck mostly due to the winter we’ve been having here. Anyways finally decent enough to get some stuff going. I’m trying to get this thing worthy once the weather breaks cause we got some work on the books already. Stripped the inside and laid down noico sound deadner, stuff went on good for the price and it being so cold out. Just have to do a clear coat and I’m gonna call it good. Buddy is a carpet cleaner and he’s gonna hook me up with what he claims we’ll be like new carpet. Got the dash apart to clean and buy new bulbs in the gauges. Still troubleshooting the power windows and locks, looks like someone before me hacked it up in an attempt to fix them we’ll see. Hoping to get everything back in by this weekend, gonna have fun finding all the mounting holes for the seats after I just went right over with the sound deadner.
You must be registered for see images attach

JakeUlch

Reaction score
As fun as it is getting it looking pretty I’m more worried about getting it running good as it’s gonna be my dd and pulling trailers and hauling tools.
I had to patch a couple of the glow plugs connectors, those butt connectors work well, not sure who I got the idea from but I know it was someone on here so thank you! Finished up the return lines and o-rings on driver side still working on passenger. I also changed the valve cover gasket as it was leaking.

Got the fuel filter housing all apart and was able to get the valve cover off, both sides actually looked to be in good shape.
Coupe questions I have was why is the front injector on passenger side different than the others? I got a check valve from Wes, that suppose to hold 5 psi in the lines but am not quite sure what line it goes on?

I’ve really only drove the truck 15 miles home from where I bought it and the test drive but noticed the temp never came up, probably no why now as appeared this was the first time the tstat has ever come out, it crumble apart. Should I be worried about the rust in the coolant? I have the oil cooler rebuild kit that’s going in next so I’ll be flushing the system. Anyways thanks for the help been on here everyday sense I got this truck and am thankful for it!

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The lift pump on the lower passenger side of the block has two lines coming off it, you want to put the check valve on the rubber line with the arrow pointing towards the lift pump.

Jake60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As fun as it is getting it looking pretty I’m more worried about getting it running good as it’s gonna be my dd and pulling trailers and hauling tools.
I had to patch a couple of the glow plugs connectors, those butt connectors work well, not sure who I got the idea from but I know it was someone on here so thank you! Finished up the return lines and o-rings on driver side still working on passenger. I also changed the valve cover gasket as it was leaking.

Got the fuel filter housing all apart and was able to get the valve cover off, both sides actually looked to be in good shape.
Coupe questions I have was why is the front injector on passenger side different than the others? I got a check valve from Wes, that suppose to hold 5 psi in the lines but am not quite sure what line it goes on?

I’ve really only drove the truck 15 miles home from where I bought it and the test drive but noticed the temp never came up, probably no why now as appeared this was the first time the tstat has ever come out, it crumble apart. Should I be worried about the rust in the coolant? I have the oil cooler rebuild kit that’s going in next so I’ll be flushing the system. Anyways thanks for the help been on here everyday sense I got this truck and am thankful for it!

Nice looking truck and great pics thanks! I'm new to these engines too and I have just what you're doing here in my near future only I'm lucky enough to wait for winter to end to do it, it's nice to see some detailed shots of what I can expect before I dive in. Good luck with it!

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
The #1 injector isn't different. You're seeing the 7.3 style timing adapter that goes between the injector and the injector line.

JakeUlch

Reaction score
I see it’s a timing thing just was curious what does it do? Is there anything else you guys recommend I replace while I’m this deep in?

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
I have the oil cooler rebuild kit that’s going in next so I’ll be flushing the system.

If you going to rebuild your oil cooler you might want to do some looking in other threads on oil cooler rebuilds.
My thread Oil Cooler Rebuild BOO-BOO shows what I got into on my cooler rebuild. Some others came up with some really good ideas in that same thread & other threads.

JakeUlch

Reaction score
I just bought some noico sound deadener cant wait to try it.
Seems like pretty good stuff was easy to work with. I got two orders of the 80 mil and it was plenty to do the floor doors, roof and back panel. If it’s cold when you go to do try using a heat gun worked well for me

Kevo1288

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like pretty good stuff was easy to work with. I got two orders of the 80 mil and it was plenty to do the floor doors, roof and back panel. If it’s cold when you go to do try using a heat gun worked well for me

Thanks for the tip! I really love your truck, color and cab combo is on point!

JakeUlch

Reaction score

So is this considered the lift pump and the check valve would be put on the cooled rubber hose?