DB Electrical starter problems

jrad235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know a lot on here have had good luck with the DB Electrical starters, so I ordered one for my truck. I didn't have any issues with installation like you describe, but the starter I got had dead spots in it. Sometimes it would work, other times not.

Same. The first starter I ordered worked great, but I cooked the windings when I installed my new IP. So I ordered another one that happened to come with a few dead spots. I just ordered a solenoid kit from Nations and I'll get that installed next week when it arrives.

Shadetreemechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you put the old starter and new one side by side to verify that the snout is in the same position in relation to the mounting bolts? I got a bosch reman starter for my benz last fall that was identical to my old one except the cone that holds the bearing on the nose was cast 180 degrees off. When I tried to install it it did the exact thing you are describing. It turned out to be a starter for a different application.

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This starter is totally different than the one I took out being that its the big offset style and the one I took out is the more inline style. I can take a pic of them tonight. I can find no reason this one should not be mounted already. I just hope they will take it back all covered in grease and oil.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ive used several of those and had no issues, maybe yours has the wrong gear, but it should still fit the hole, the gear wouldnt touch untill starting.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had one on the crew cab for a short time. Went in without any problems. It worked well too. But, when my electrical issues started melting wires together, the starter got power and the started burned up before I could get the batteries disconnect in the closest parking lot. I had to buy some unknown starter from Autozone to get the truck home. Who knows how long that POS will last.

Heath

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got in touch with them yesterday and I am sending this starter back and they are swapping it for another. I guess in a few days I will know whats up with it. I have a feeling that the next one they send me won't fit either but I guess we'll see.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The pic of the starter you removed is what many here have and they work great. I'm not a fan of the psd looking starters. No end support..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online