Dash Woodgrain Question

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
For you '83-'86 guys. How many different dash woodgrain patterns/colors were available during those years? And were they specific to year, or trim level, or both?

Tom

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know I've seen at least two. The one the Moose Truck has, and then a lighter one an example of which I can't recall at the moment.

pafixitman

Reaction score
Tom,
According to the parts catalog, every year only lists one part with a "woodgrain finish". I did not compare part numbers for each year, but there is not a choice for Custom, XL, XLT. Just woodgrain finish, with or without a/c, and radio.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The gauge bezel, and radio bezel are separate parts and do match however. There is also a difference I would say between gloss and semi gloss finishes.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the pattern changed between '84 and '85. The earlier pattern looks somewhat more realistic IMHO (although that's not saying much; IMHO both look blatantly fake to the point that I wonder why Ford even tried). The later pattern seems to fade faster. I have dash panels off an '86 on my truck, and they've faded so that they almost look purple. The original panels didn't appear to have faded at all, but were in bad shape for other reasons...

adrianspeeder

USAF C-17 Avionics
Reaction score
XLT Lariat.

You must be registered for see images attach

Adrianspeeder

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Thanks guys. It seems I've seen a burl pattern as well. Anyone got a pic of that or can point me in the right direction.

Adrianspeeder what year are those pictures of?

Tom

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I presume that Adrianspeeder's pics were from his '84 Bronco. That's the same pattern that my truck originally had.

This is what the '86 panels I have in my truck now look like:

(sorry for the quality; it's the best pic I can find at the moment...I probably have a better picture on my other computer, that I still can't get to :mad: )