custom white face gauges.

blown84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it took a few hours, silver and white spray paint, a blue sharpie, metalic blue, turn-signal amber, and red model paint, a very fine brush, and 3 trips to 5 different parts stores with no gauges to find the right lights, but here it is.

i swapped the speedo out for one from another truck, cause it had a tripometer, where mine didnt. all the other gauges were in it already. i painted the entire inside of the housin silver to reflect more light, and used blue lights for the back lights after removin the blue/green filters, and amber LEDs for all the warnin and signal lights. (sorry, cant get a good night shot with my phone.) im thinkin bout gettin a couple flex strips of the blue LEDs to put inside the housin to better light the gauges and make it a deeper blue, instead of the kinda aqua i wound up with.

anyways, before:

You must be registered for see images attach

and after:

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice!!!!! That's so impressive! I just did mine too, but I have no artistic ability so I had to rely on ebay :D

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had to look again at this. You did an awesome job sir! Could probably make some money selling that kind of thing on Ebay.

blown84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thank you for the kind words. :)

and yes, my odo DID loose 30k. 33,700 actually. lol. i couldnt find a drill to wind it up, so im gonna buy one when i get the LEDs, and fix it while i have it apart then.

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's easy to change the odometer reading. It will take you a year to wind that many miles into your odometer with a drill.
If you pull the gauge out, on the backside you can see the numbered wheels that show the odometer reading on the front. There are some tiny splined green or white plastic wheels adjacent to these with a shaft running through them. Knock the pin out, remove the little wheels, and you can reposition the big wheels to reposition the big numbered wheels. I just did this on a 89 speedo that I retrofitted into my 84 (required a completely custom gauge cluster).