Cross Threaded Injector

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my injector is cross threaded on the top where you thread the line on. My question is what is the thread size so I can fix the threads? I have crappy Dps injectors and don't want to put a different injector in due to different spray patterns. On top of that, I can't afford a new set or even a rebuilt set. So the best answer is to find the thread size. I have a tap and die set but none of them fit. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you have an old one to temporarily put in, I would gladly put a new top on that one for you for shipping .

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is one issue. I have my extra injectors to another member here local to me and we recently had a big falling out. So consequently I'm kinda screwed a bit. Also do to what happened my truck was not running cus of that and my truck is now at my apartment and needs to be running asap. If I can find a single injector quickly I would gladly take you up on the offer and I thank for that. Any idea on the thread size?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Any injecter body will work for your problem but they should be the same maker. Don't try useing a delphi injecter body on a CAV injecter body. I'm thinking there might be small differances but do not know for sure. But changeing the body for the same maker body will be ok. To be sure you should pop test the problem injecter before and after this work... The injecter body threads that you crossed are sofeter than the injecter line nut so of course they fail first. Really the only way to make sure you don't cross thread another is to hand tighten them al the way down if possible. With all my years of experiance I too cross threaded an injecter hard line to an injecter. It was the number one line under the fuel filter area. For some reason thats always been a tuff line to connect for me. Another thing you can do to make the job easier is to remove the line vibration clamps and hand tighten the lines.. But please make sure the clamps are installed when your done. Running the engine with the clamps missing will crack the lines. Then you need a new line. They are around $45.00 new but complete sets can be found on ebay for that much or less sometimes. I bought a complete new assembled set for $99.00 from Dieselogig a few years back plus free shipping... I wore a mask when I stole that set too...:angel::D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online