Crank It Up

bigdraft

Strokin..Not ******
Reaction score
Allright guys...probably gonna trade the stroke in for an IDI next week. Just how hard is it to turn up the fuel? I have heard it gives it a little extra umph, and some black smoke to boot. I allready know I need a temp guage on it.........what else can be done short of a turbo?????

Kevin

7.3IDIot

Reaction score
Son, you may want to reconsider. I love my IDI to death, but you are not going to get the performance from a na IDI than you are from a stroker.

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bigdraft said:
Allright guys...probably gonna trade the stroke in for an IDI next week. Just how hard is it to turn up the fuel? I have heard it gives it a little extra umph, and some black smoke to boot. I allready know I need a temp guage on it.........what else can be done short of a turbo?????

Kevin

It IS nice to have a fully mechanical IDI... but it's tough to get the power out of an IDI that you'll have with a PSD. Not too tough, though, as far as the older PSDs are concerned. I've outaccelerated one with 5000 pounds and a less aerodynamic trailer from 55-the speed limit on the interstate. Me: 10,000 pound horse trailer. Him: car on trailer.

IDIs are good trucks overall... nice to get rid of the electronics.

bigdraft

Strokin..Not ******
Reaction score
I'm not too worried about the performance or sped......I just dont want it to take me 2 miles to get up to speed. I'm looking at a 4 door 4x4 F350 dually. I have got to get into a 4x4 before winter gets here. My 2 wheen drive gets stuck on wet grass....it sucks in the winter! Plus, we now have our horses in a different place....so I need the 4x4 to get round bales out there.

The 4 door I need for room. Sucks having to pack me, the wife, and 16 year old kid into the ex. cab for a weekend rodeo trip. I used to have a 89 with the 460.....LOVED that 4 door, but it was a gas motor, and 2 wheen drive.

I'm just looking at options for exhaust and the like. What ya guys think????

Kevin

hemi1224

Reaction score
Ok I know an owner of a dealership and his son has a stroker. There is a very easy way to turn up the fuel. It is a throttle actavated potentiometer. It acts in a similar way to a fuel box and will give you all kinds of fuel. The best part is it is very cheap like under $20. It hooks to your fuel sensor in a few mins. if you would like more info you might do a search but it only works on some years of stroker.

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
Kevin,

First, find a shop that'll run a 3 or 3 1/2" exhaust for you. The factory exhaust (at least on mine) was 2 1/4" into 2 1/2. I ran dual 2 1/2's. Seemed to help.

Next get rid of the factory krinkle pipe that supplies air to your engine. Look into Ziggster 40's ram air. Also there's a fellow that ran dual 4" intake pipes through the core support directly into the air cleaner. Looks nice. Hopefully someone with more computer intelligence will post a link.

Also get a better flowing air filter.

Oh, and get a pyro and then screw with the Injection pump.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
bigdraft said:
I'm not too worried about the performance or sped......I just dont want it to take me 2 miles to get up to speed. I'm looking at a 4 door 4x4 F350 dually. I have got to get into a 4x4 before winter gets here. My 2 wheen drive gets stuck on wet grass....it sucks in the winter! Plus, we now have our horses in a different place....so I need the 4x4 to get round bales out there.

The 4 door I need for room. Sucks having to pack me, the wife, and 16 year old kid into the ex. cab for a weekend rodeo trip. I used to have a 89 with the 460.....LOVED that 4 door, but it was a gas motor, and 2 wheen drive.

I'm just looking at options for exhaust and the like. What ya guys think????

Kevin

:rolleyes:
Wanna buy the grocery gitter??? :Sly :Sly :Sly

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online

No members online now.