Considering taking requests for Pictutorials or suggestions.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rear bench lift .....
I am sure I could rig something up pretty easily but i would like to see your contraption.

I am very seriously thinking swap out old musty carpet for a replacement VINYL mat instead if I do, CONSIDER THIS DONE. I'll also once I get INTO that cab a bit more take some detailed pics of said lift. YES the seat lift is FOR REAL...I remember having to install one back in late 80's early 90's when I had to build a DEMO vehicle for the Home/Car audio shop I worked at The Wright Sound! Amps and MORE Amps under that seat and a bandpass box for subs, oh ya fun...NOT! and then put it all together...

Talk about a RUMBLE seat LOL

ah1988ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am very seriously thinking swap out old musty carpet for a replacement VINYL mat instead if I do, CONSIDER THIS DONE. I'll also once I get INTO that cab a bit more take some detailed pics of said lift. YES the seat lift is FOR REAL...I remember having to install one back in late 80's early 90's when I had to build a DEMO vehicle for the Home/Car audio shop I worked at The Wright Sound! Amps and MORE Amps under that seat and a bandpass box for subs, oh ya fun...NOT! and then put it all together...

Talk about a RUMBLE seat LOL

Ayte.
Vibrating seats huhhh ....;Really

tbrumm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Al, if you really want to get into documenting something pretty involved, how about either fabbing up or installing a front shackle reversal kit? Yeah, I know, cost would be a big factor with that. Also, I think I noticed in another thread that you were considering doing a D60 high steer and cross over steering - just another thought and I know cost could be a factor on that too. Let see - a more "realistic" suggestion: Did you ever get your bigger fuel tank installed? The installation of that, along with making the sender work with the big tank, would be a great write-up and probably pretty useful to a lot of us on here. Todd

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Al, if you really want to get into documenting something pretty involved, how about either fabbing up or installing a front shackle reversal kit? Yeah, I know, cost would be a big factor with that.

Todd
This one, well again, you hit nail on head, cost and a few other related things, see the following as it's MORE important to me that this at this time I"m still toying with idea of a longer spring....makes my head ache doing the math!

Also, I think I noticed in another thread that you were considering doing a D60 high steer and cross over steering - just another thought and I know cost could be a factor on that too. Let see - a more "realistic" suggestion

This is a fantastic suggestion as I'm only adding in the RH knuckle Cross over HI steer ARM similar to what Dieselcrawler has. His however takes it the next step and adds in hi steer tie rod if memory serves me correct.

I'll have the HI steer arm from box to right knuckle, already have the parts, need studs for knuckle those come with parts OK'd below!!! I'll retain the stock tie rod in the stock location for now or I may get some DOM and make a custom one...not sure...for now..stock!

Wife has given OK for NEW front end parts, but may take one to two months before those parts are purchased. That will entail on my Front D60

INNER axle seals
Lunch Box locker a Spartan to be specific to brand
NEW king pins and bearings
NEW outer axle needle bearings,
NEW Pinion seal

Rear diff will be Lock Rite lunch box
NEW pinion seal
Crush sleeve eliminator kit!!! Ford 9" uses same kit!

Did you ever get your bigger fuel tank installed? The installation of that, along with making the sender work with the big tank, would be a great write-up and probably pretty useful to a lot of us on here. Todd

Rear tank is still something I'm trying to locate or purchase or fab. NOT sure which way to go. The problem with this is how I set up a rear winch be it PTO or hydralic or swap PTO to front and Electric on rear...THAT ONE SMALL DETAIL IN MY MOMENT OF NEED FOR A REAR TANK WAS FORGOTTEN ABOUT!!!!

Failing to plan is planning to fail so rear tank is sort of on hold whilst I thunk out kinks of winches etc.

Same with rebuild of PTO winch, I am waiting on a couple people to get back to me for shaft builds, before I can go much further.
I almost forgot about that rear seat lift. Still interested also.

Replacing track bar(?) Bushings for a D60.

Funny, this is maybe something going to happen when I do my 60 rebuild. It's hanging on the one 60 getting prepped for rebuild, bushings look like *****! so maybe...just maybe..

Now I have to make a damn book and write all this down...DOH!

I'll only do what I can/afford etc.

As for a dash, unless I have to remove one AGAIN my fault for not documenting that one...I won't be doing one ...but who knows, I may pop out 92 dash and install a new wire harness. gotta look at a few things I've got floating around here.

Keep em coming,

First on list is comp test though! Now that those GP's are all done and easy to get out I'll be back in there soon!

Thanks Guys!
:D

agp23109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kinda off topic but figured this was the perfect place to post it; I love this site. This thread is exactly why. For no other reason than to help us other members, somebody is going out of their way. I don't post a lot, I ask a few questions here and there, but I "lurk" a bunch. Because of this I have an idi that I would put up against any stock stroker. My truck not only runs like a top, it has cost me very little. I am fairly mechanical, but the tutorials on here are second to none. My truck would not be the beast it is without this site. Just wanted to drop a quick "thank you" to Riotwarrior for all your useful posts, and everyone else for that matter that goes out of their way to help pretty much complete strangers. Keep up the good work! Hopefully one day I can repay the favor ;Sweet

Last edited:

ZWilson07

Cowboy
Reaction score
x2 on the dash removal.

I had it almost all done here recently when dealing with my water under the vinyl ordeal but I couldnt figure out the remaining things on the drivers side. I had the passenger side completely off and almost everything on the the drivers side but couldn't figure the last few things out. N beens I was doing this just for my own knowledge rather than "needing" to, I opted to hault there and get it back together.

Now ive just left the vinyl and stuff out so I could see if its leaking from heather or just rain getting in.

What do you know, ive been driving it with heat on and off, as well as driving in a torrential downpour and not a single drop! aint that grand... cookoo

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kinda off topic but figured this was the perfect place to post it; I love this site. This thread is exactly why. For no other reason than to help us other members, somebody is going out of their way. I don't post a lot, I ask a few questions here and there, but I "lurk" a bunch. Because of this I have an idi that I would put up against any stock stroker. My truck not only runs like a top, it has cost me very little. I am fairly mechanical, but the tutorials on here are second to none. My truck would not be the beast it is without this site. Just wanted to drop a quick "thank you" to Riotwarrior for all your useful posts, and everyone else for that matter that goes out of their way to help pretty much complete strangers. Keep up the good work! Hopefully one day I can repay the favor ;Sweet

Thank you very much for the compliment.

Hearing this that you lurk and have a great running truck because of this site, well that makes my day! It is posts like yours that help me keep going.

How about you get some pics of this fine machine? Sounds like a good runner, and perhaps you can make a ralley some time? I know I'd like to!

Again thanks!

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what about just using super duty springs?

LOL I said LONGER, not STIFFER I'm more after the flex and height of a multi leaf pack like rear springs than just long and stiff like super duty SPRINGS...thought better add that last SPRINGS in there before someone cracks a bad joke in my thread.... ;Poke

tbrumm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Al, I think that the reverse shackle kits are now set up to use the V code '99 and up Superduty springs and not the F-Superduty springs "97 down. I think that is what 94IDITURBo is referring to. I have heard that the F-Superduty springs will require kidney transplants if installed!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd like to add my thanks. Riotwarrior does good write ups and our tech articles section is one of the things that makes this the finest IDI site on the planet.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
yeah i was refering to say front springs from a 2001 super duty. idk how much longer they are than the obs springs but they are longer, and from what i have read, a RSK w/ SD springs rides awesome.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Al, I think that the reverse shackle kits are now set up to use the V code '99 and up Superduty springs and not the F-Superduty springs "97 down. I think that is what 94IDITURBo is referring to. I have heard that the F-Superduty springs will require kidney transplants if installed!

Oh was thinking like brick nose SD thats why the issue with stiffness.. ouch...kidney no likey!

I'd like to add my thanks. Riotwarrior does good write ups and our tech articles section is one of the things that makes this the finest IDI site on the planet.
Thanks!

yeah i was refering to say front springs from a 2001 super duty. idk how much longer they are than the obs springs but they are longer, and from what i have read, a RSK w/ SD springs rides awesome.

Oh ok!

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
Crossover steering is easy. Highsteer on the other hand will NOT work on a stock height truck. Tierod ends up way to close to engine crossmember.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online