commercial 7.3

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Yep. That is most likely your problem. I'd bet that Wes has an extra sitting around if you want one.

Josh Oldenburg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will a e4od torque converter work with a 4r100? I've looked at the specs for the idi tc and they are the same for the ps. I've even found 4 stud tc that was available for the ps. Same part number for idi.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Different flex plate and it would require a standalone controller for the 4r, as well as a different driveshaft

Josh Oldenburg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've already got the 4R100. This is going in a super duty. I've already got the flex plate for a newer IDI. I already have a quick shift 4 controller setup for the 4R100. I have a power stroke torque converter 6 stud with the 4R100. The question I have is instead of modifying the six stud to make it a four stud Will a factory four stud IDI torque converter work in the 4r100

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes the 4 stud will work, but the 6 stud setup was a good upgrade that the 4rs got, the 4 stud is kinda a downgrade but you are putting a good amount of power through it, you should be fine with the 4 stud.

Is the quick shift comparable to the bauman controller? Or is it more like the banks transgo tugger thats a piggy back controller?

Josh Oldenburg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes the 4 stud will work, but the 6 stud setup was a good upgrade that the 4rs got, the 4 stud is kinda a downgrade but you are putting a good amount of power through it, you should be fine with the 4 stud.

Is the quick shift comparable to the bauman controller? Or is it more like the banks transgo tugger thats a piggy back controller?
It's the same controller as the Bauman. They Changed the names

Josh Oldenburg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trust me if I could get away with using a power stroke flex plate on an IDI I would because the torque converter I have for the 4r100 has a Kevlar double clutch in it with less than 50,000 mi on the whole transmission.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Id just modify the idi fp to use the 4r converter then. The stock e4 converters are pretty crappy

Josh Oldenburg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would have to modify the torque converter not the flex plate. One of the studs would line right up with a balance hole

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can weld plate in for it to thread into, R&D does it on all their converters. Youd have to rebalance anyways with any modification to the fp. Is your tc welded or bolt together?

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Balance the bottom end as a rotating assembly, a good balancer may be able to take the balance of the stock fp and match it after its been modified, but that would take a talented machinest

Josh Oldenburg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately at that point I would just go with the E4OD torque converter. it would be nice if somebody could just balance it as is but I cannot take my bottom end apart to have the whole thing balanced as one unit. Maybe on a new build. Or just running unbalanced lol.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I don't know a lot about the E4OD subject, but I'd bet that you could buy an upgraded torque convertor for a E4OD that would be better than stock.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7