cold advance solenoid

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Does anyone have the part # for this? I may need to replace mine and I'd like to keep it handy.

Thank You.

suv7734

Reaction score
Do you mean the Advance Solenoid or the Fast Idle Solenoid? I'm not sure on the Advance Solenoid but the Fast Idle is F*rd P/N: E5TZ-12B526-A and if you need it, the Sensor/Switch in the pass. side head is E8TZ-9E939-A. I'll try to look later for the Advance Solenoid.

Bruce

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Thank You, the engine does not advance or increase rpm at startup, I have to push the pedal once to wake it up and then it will work but I have the feeling something else is going wrong there and I think it is fuel control related.

BROWNIEBOY525

The old fleet
Reaction score
does the temp gauge work and is it hooked up i think i remeber reading that controles or has something to do with the fast idle

suv7734

Reaction score
Thank You, the engine does not advance or increase rpm at startup, I have to push the pedal once to wake it up and then it will work but I have the feeling something else is going wrong there and I think it is fuel control related.

Unfortunately that is how they work. The fast idle solenoid does not have enough jam to open the throttle by itself but it will hold it open once you push it once. That is why the remote starters aren't compatible with these engines.

Bruce

Exekiel69

Reaction score
does the temp gauge work and is it hooked up i think i remeber reading that controles or has something to do with the fast idle

Yes it does and the ISSpro temp gauge I have for real #'s too, this is an old issue I have that I have not addressed yet but there are a couple things that I think are the cause and thought maybe it had something to do with the advance solenoid in the IP, I guess I'll have to grab the manual and see if that is so.

Thank You.

Cowboy_Customs

Rhinestone Cowboy
Reaction score
I just researched why neither my Cold timing, or cold idle advance were working and found the temp. sensor for them on the pass side front of the head was unplugged. Fortunatly for me both the CTA, and CIA work.

Get out your test light and check the connection at the CTA when the truck is cold, turn the key to run, then check to see if you have power to the CTA with the test light. No light (power) look to see if u might have a loose connection at the sensor. Might just need a new temp sensor, or some cleaning.

Hope that helped ya out!

Oh yeah, the CIA wont push the throttle lever out, so yeah, ya gotta step on the peddle before ya start it for the plunger to activate and hold the throttle lever out.