Coil over springs on a obs idi ?

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coil springs can be done. I think @Bikemaker used SD coil sprung axle up front.

As they say, nothing but fear and common sense keeping you from doing it.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$1445 for the Dana 50 kit ready to go. You could use coil overs with this. Baja guys love the D50 ttb. These guys will also get you set up for coilovers. Don't look at the pricing (starts at $12K):

https://www.solomotorsports.com/shop/parts/ford-parts/suspension/dana-44-50-cut-n-turned-ttb/

You must be registered for see images attach

I would be suspicious of any place that doesn't even know what trucks the dana 50 ttb was original installed in from the factory.

The above looks like a special purpose built system for off road articulation. It may be ok for a mall cruiser, but I would not want it for everyday hauling use. I would want my frontend supported by more than just those pins on the end of the coil overs.

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would be suspicious of any place that doesn't even know what trucks the dana 50 ttb was original installed in from the factory.

The above looks like a special purpose built system for off road articulation. It may be ok for a mall cruiser, but I would not want it for everyday hauling use. I would want my frontend supported by more than just those pins on the end of the coil overs.

Solo motor sports is a good company. They build some quality stuff. They build stuff for the gofast desert runners. It works really well for what it is designed for, racing across washes, whoops and bumps. Lots of travel and soft suspension to soak up the bumps. Definitely not for heavy hauling or towing. Think Baja racing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gerlbaum

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Sorry my post was confusing. I was talking about two different kits they offer one in the link and one in the picture. The one in the link shows Dana 50 and talks about them coming on F250s - they add trailing arms to the D50. The picture is from a separate lift kit that is like $15K and for a Bronco. I meant to post it to show what could be done with coilovers.

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I live on a farm and 4 miles from the nearest fuel station was weighing my options but 12 to 15k is out if my price range could but a few idi's or have one redone for that much I would think thanks for all the information gentlemen.

Just learned there a pick n pull about 45 minutes from me gonna check it out

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I live on a farm and 4 miles from the nearest fuel station was weighing my options but 12 to 15k is out if my price range could but a few idi's or have one redone for that much I would think thanks for all the information gentlemen.

Just learned there a pick n pull about 45 minutes from me gonna check it out
Yeah but, we all know you really want a Baja idi:joker: