Codes P0191 and P0111

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Engine light is on and these are the codes, The truck is stock and has 10k miles on it

P0191-FUEL RAIL PRESSURE SENSOR PERFORMANCE
When Monitored:
At key on.
Set Condition:
The fuel pressure sensor reading at key on does not match the expected fuel pressure reading at key on
Possible Causes OTHER DTC'S PRESENT FUEL RAIL PRESSURE SENSOR FUEL SYSTEM TAMPERING INTERMITTENT CONDITION

P0111 AIR TEMP SENSOR CIRCUIT FAULT

curious if you didnt perform the correct starting sequence for the truck, sometimes if your key slips or something while starting it, it will set the fuel pressure code. these trucks have had alot of fuel rail pressure sensors go out also.

Cat235D

Reaction score
I`m not really sure? it was chilly around 35 and i almost positive i waited for the glowplug light to go out. Is this going to leave me stranded i really can`t bring it in til wed. i need the truck onmonday and tues.:puke:

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it will run fine, if after 3 succuesful ignition cycles, moreover 3 successful runs/drives without incedent, the light goes off, it was a glitch. it will run just fine. the fuel rail pressure code usually pops up with plug-ins, and the air temp sensor code likes to pop up after installing a cold air intake. so be prepared for the questions when you hit the dealer if you havent installed any performance parts. they usually ask.

Cat235D

Reaction score
I have had about 7 or 8 cycles so far but the light remains on, I have not done anything to this truck yet not even air intake? its still bone stock with 10k mikes on it

tomm

Reaction score
I had tha P0191 and a week later my LP died..I feel it was related.
Are you using any additives..if not I'd start.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel

Members online