Clutch replacement questions.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Snapping off one bolt while torquing is nothing compared to being confronted by this.....

You must be registered for see images

A drill and an easy out....... Fun.

Also keep in mind, that unless your torque wrench has been sent out for calibration to teamtorque.com or equivelent in the last year, your torque wrench is just a fancy wrench with a clicking feature. Trusting it is about as safe as trusting your elbow.

adtman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well CRAP!.... That is GREAT NEWS Agnem! HAHAHAHAHA I got it out relatively easily, I had so much bolt left after removing the flywheel that a set of vice-grips got it out. I got really lucky! You issue though...damn. How did that happen? What causes this? That is just crazy!

Thanks for the replies!

HankHill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think thats the scariest thing I've ever seen Agnem lol

adtman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DONE! RUNNING AND DRIVING! OVER BABY! Soft clutch. Doesn't feel as hard as the DMF clutch. I have heard several talk about noise doing this conversion. Mine is pretty quiet, can't really tell a difference. I replaced the GP's but now I have no WTS light. I don't know what I did wrong. I am sure it is in the GP controller, I removed it in order to get the back 2 on the left bank. I probably mis-wired or did not make a good connection. Oh well, I will find, figure it out and fix it.

MY GRRR-ANIMAL IS RUNNING!!!!!!!!!! Now I am off to So. Dakota to shoot some Pheasant for a week. C'yall when I get back!

John

Guys, thanks so much for the replies.

adtman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I am back home now. Whew, you talk about a good time. Man I want to do that again. We scared up some pheasant and I have to say that I shot my first one ever. It was on the second day. I got my limit that day. Lots and lots of walking through corn, milo fields and shelter belts. The last day we called it quits early, we had wind gusts up to 60 mph. Kinda hard to shoot a bird going 90mph in front of you when you can only shoot 70mph....lol

Anyway, my truck is running so good right now! I am so happy I am driving it again. You guys have really been a big help. Thanks a lot!

John

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Incorrect torque is what I'm blaming those sheared bolts on. I can't remember when we built that truck what torque we set them to, or if the bolts had thread locker on them.