CLP gun cleaner in diesel fuel?

kuskoal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was assembling some .50 cal mounts at work today and we were using some Break-Free CLP to what else, clean, lube, and protect our parts needed. It's very good at destroying rust and everything rusty became shiny and bare steel again. Me, thinking how awesome this stuff does at cleaning and preserving guns, how would it fair going through a DB-2 and a set of injectiors? Its a hard cleaner but also an awesome lube. Our M14's were cleaned 2 years ago and still have a nice slick coating on the reciprocating parts.

Anyone have a guess how it would fair? Google can only tell so much but nothing in this application. Just diesel as a gun cleaner.

ryanecvbrown

Credo Quia Absurdum
Reaction score
I think you need to find out how it reacts with soft parts, o-rings, seals, etc.
Travis..

Do it! Go get some o-rings and some fuel line and soak it all in CLP for awhile then post the results. My guess is the rubber turns to goop but heck, if it works you might be on to something. Anyone have an old farm truck they wanna try this on?

kuskoal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well our m9's and m4's have the plastic grips... and they are from 1995 we get clp on them all the time. What kind of rubber are the lines and o-rings made of? Going to the parts store for brakes anyway for my f-150

firehawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have rust, it will go somewhere. Running it through a high pressure pump sounds like a really bad idea.

kuskoal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I'm not too sure how rusty my fuel tanks are, still working on my e4od problems so it has older fuel in it. The liquid comes in a plastic bottle with the cheapest spray nozzle on it. Only one way to find out! My pump is on it's way out anyway.

USN, Gunners Mate down here in San Diego

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if CLP would work well for removing stuck injectors from Carbon and GP's as well.

Just curiuos

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I'm not too sure how rusty my fuel tanks are, still working on my e4od problems so it has older fuel in it. The liquid comes in a plastic bottle with the cheapest spray nozzle on it. Only one way to find out! My pump is on it's way out anyway.

USN, Gunners Mate down here in San Diego
Get some!
I was wondering how ya shelved a weapon for 2 yrs, good deal!
I wonder if CLP would work well for removing stuck injectors from Carbon and GP's as well.

Just curiuos
Nice idea???? Hmmm

kuskoal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah we only use 1 of our 4 m14's because apparently 7.62 is a "cruel and unusual" caliber in small arms. M240B its ok... no idea how that works.

ryanecvbrown

Credo Quia Absurdum
Reaction score
Well our m9's and m4's have the plastic grips... and they are from 1995 we get clp on them all the time. What kind of rubber are the lines and o-rings made of? Going to the parts store for brakes anyway for my f-150

The o-rings are BUNA-N, not sure about the fuel hose composition. There's several different grades but I'd run with some parts store off-the-shelf stuff since that's what most of us would use.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, Al, my GPs are still out in bags. I'll give it it try this Sunday. I would think some brake clean solvent would get rid of any CLP residue on the GP, right?

I'm at a loss for info here as I've absolutely NO IDEA what CLP is or based on as a solvent/lube so my input is more ???'s and so forth.

I'd do brake clean for sure, wiped off with lint free towel, and when installing GP some HI HEAT anti-sieze on the THREAD of GP would be good idea. May want some dielectric grease on/in the bullet connectors too....

Thats bout all I got ROFL

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah we only use 1 of our 4 m14's because apparently 7.62 is a "cruel and unusual" caliber in small arms. M240B its ok... no idea how that works.

Lost track of this one.
Probably cuz the brain trust has not been able to see one in action!
But I agree, now as to the deck gunzzz,

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online