CLP gun cleaner in diesel fuel?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well I'm not too sure how rusty my fuel tanks are, still working on my e4od problems so it has older fuel in it. The liquid comes in a plastic bottle with the cheapest spray nozzle on it. Only one way to find out! My pump is on it's way out anyway.

USN, Gunners Mate down here in San Diego

Thanks for your service.:thumbsup:

diesel458

Reaction score
I would guess it would be expensive, and injector cleaner isn't that expensive, but I guess if it works better it's worth the extra cost. You could always contact the maker of clp and ask. They have chemists that know the effects of the product. But in my experience, clp would soften up some rubber on firearms. Never did like clp personally, in gunsmithing school a lot of the dirty guns that hit people's grades were cleaned with clp. Hoppe's number 9 is the best imo.

Rick

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you need to find out how it reacts with soft parts, o-rings, seals, etc.
That was my first thought as well. It may do a good job of cleaning up the metal, but I would be very worried about how it would react to the rubber components.

With that said...if it leaves a coating behind and prevents rust, I wonder how it would work as an undercoating?