CL Old IHC Semi...perfect IDI repower

RedTruck

Reaction score
I know I know...am I nuts...200 horse in a heavy truck?

Here's the deal. The old 549 that used to be in this thing topped out at 3200 rpm. The truck would go down the road at 55-60 mph the way it was. We've all grown to love the IDI and realize that we can't be in a hurry with a big load. Well if you had an IDI in here you'd have a head turning old truck...probably plenty of radiator to not have to worry about overheating...and actually get somewhat decent mileage out of a heavy truck. It seems like the perfect unit for a fellow hauling old iron to shows, occasional heavy truck needs, or local small town hauls.

You must be registered for see images attach

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/csw/bfs/4142232745.html

Not my rig...if I had the time and space I would be all over it! I've been watching it for a while. He had it listed at $2500 OBO with the engine. He just sold the engine and is now parting it out. I hate to see an old IH truck like this parted out...you just cant find them anymore.

Thanks,

Paul

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive got a running big cam 350 and a 4x4 set of boxes to.put in it.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Redtruck: that old truck would be kinda neat putting one of those just sold U-haul IDI engines in it. Clean and paint it all up and use it at a show truck.LOL

RedTruck

Reaction score
With a 6.9 it sure wouldn't pull what it used to, but you could afford to push it down the road :)