Chips for 94-97 PSD

IH_444

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sold my IDI and bought a 96 powerstroke a few weeks ago. I plan on putting some sort of a chip/tune in it, but not entirely sure what yet.
I obviously want more power, and some MPG. It's an automatic, and I'd like the trans to shift earlier, it shifts at about 2500 normal driving.

Pros and cons of different chips/tuners you guys have?

Ive been thinking about the tony wildman 6 position chip

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cant go wrong with the wildman programs.thats what im running and im happy with them.

IH_444

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There seems to be a good number of people happy with the wildman chip.
While more power is always good, I want better mileage and my tranny to shift earlier under normal driving. Probly look into a chip this summer. I might need new injectors first.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
remember when you do chip it the fuel mileage is gonna suck for a few weeks till you get used to the new found power and quit playing with it.check out www.beansdieselperformance.com when youre ready for chip and injectors.ryan will set you up nicely.

bdixon2138

Reaction score
I have the Tony Wildman chip on my '97 and I love it. Mileage increased by 3mpg and the power increase is amazing. I recommend the heavy tow tune as it is great for pulling loads.

dsrace

sand toys
Reaction score
I have an edge programmer for my '95 and can't recommend it. the guages are nice but i have had some problems with it losing my factory tune I believe and don't care for the shift points on the trans. also don't care for not being able to change programs on the fly. a buddy of mine purchased inj's and a wildman chip, wish I would've went that route now.

Greenbeast6.9

grease monkey
Reaction score
A custom tuned chip is going to be better than any off the shelf programer. Also we offer lifetime free revisions to the chip, so if you want to change your injectors,HPOP, or otherwise, we will do it for free.