Changing bucket seats to 40/20/40 bench with console

paintedreams

Reaction score
I have found a seat out of a 97 truck for $300 and just want to know what do I need to change my trucks bucket seats to a 40/20/40 bench seat with console???

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should be relatively easy. You may have to re-drill and reinforce the mounting holes, but the seatbelts and whatnot should work fine.

What color are your buckets? I'm DYING for a set of factory tan buckets for my '92

Ryan

paintedreams

Reaction score
I was wondering what would I need to change them because I am thinking of swapping my buckets for it and its in a junkyard??

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
I was wondering what would I need to change them because I am thinking of swapping my buckets for it and its in a junkyard??

Just out of curiosity, why do you want to change them?

Should be relatively easy. You may have to re-drill and reinforce the mounting holes, but the seatbelts and whatnot should work fine.

What color are your buckets? I'm DYING for a set of factory tan buckets for my '92

Ryan

Ryan

I'm sure I saw the tan material for your truck at House of Covers when I was dropping mine off.:Sly Which is done by the way. He called 30 minutes after I was in that part of town and on my way home today. I'll pick it up Monday and let you know what the damage is.

Tom

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
keep in mind that for some stupid reason ford changed the floor pans in the different style cabs.regular cab and crew cab have the same floors,extended cab and bronco have the same floors.seats from a regular or crew cab will not bolt into a bronco or extended cab.the crew cab/regular cab seat tracks wont fit the contours of the extended cab/bronco floors.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dang! I just learned something. ;Sweet I thought they were all the same up to 97.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nope.i tried to put some nice buckets from an extended into my 94.oh my god were the seats crooked.and the tracks from the 94s seat wouldnt fit on the buckets,they were too short by 1/4".i did get them in but couldnt deal with the crooked lopsidedness from them and went back to the bench seat.

krawlr

Yup, that's me
Reaction score
But with a sawzall and a mig welder, anything fits anything! LOL

I have a bucket made for a Jeep in my Toyota with an extra inch of height to help me see better. :D

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But with a sawzall and a mig welder, anything fits anything! LOL

I have a bucket made for a Jeep in my Toyota with an extra inch of height to help me see better. :D

true but most normal joe shmoes dont have the equiptment to do it.or the patience.some myself included would rather just bolt it in and go.

i just did a seat in my buddies 98 GMC 7500 4 car carrier.he wanted the seat so that it would sit on the floor(hes about 6'3") i used a seat out of a 91 blazer.a little cutting,a little welding and his seat is now about an inch off the floor with no air in it.its as low as i could get it but he wants it lower,next will probably be cutting that section of the floor out dropping it an inch and welding it back up.:eek:

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
keep in mind that for some stupid reason ford changed the floor pans in the different style cabs.regular cab and crew cab have the same floors,extended cab and bronco have the same floors.seats from a regular or crew cab will not bolt into a bronco or extended cab.the crew cab/regular cab seat tracks wont fit the contours of the extended cab/bronco floors.

One thing I noticed in the journey to find new seats for my '91 supercab is that all the mounting locations are there for the different type seats. For example, my daughter's truck originaly came with buckets and center console. When I bought it, it had a bench from another vehicle (that's a whole 'nother story) bolted to the bucket tracks. I bought an aftermarket seat that is supposed to be a direct bolt in. When I tried to do that, the holes didn't line up. So I got under the truck and found another set of retainers that are undrilled and untapped that the new seat does line up with. I'm assuming that those retainers are for a bench seat. This is good because I know where to drill to mount the new seat. So I will probably just use G8 bolts and hardware for the new one. All the required reinforcements are already in place, just unused.

I was under the impression that the floor contour changed according to year, '87-'91 then changed for '92-'97. Not by cab type.

Tom