Changing bucket seats to 40/20/40 bench with console

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
these are looking for a new home:D

Ryan and I went in together on a set from a wrecked '94 supercab today. We got 'em off eBay for a VERY good price. Complete excellent condition front buckets, console, and rear bench. Coming out of a salvage yard in OK. Truck was in very good condition and got T-boned in the bed. They appear to be a perfect match to Ryans interior. He needs the front setup and I need the rear seat (which I'll have to recover anyway). The guy is going to palletize them all together and freight them to us. Should have them middle of next week. One more thing off the list!;Sweet

Tom

MTIDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i pulled my bench seat out of my 94' and popped in set of power 40-20-40 seats out of a 97. the seats went in without a problem, just had to wire power, and drill 8 new holes in the floor board. took about 1.5 hrs from start to finish.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
my buckets were worn out so i got some captain chairs out of a 91 E150, i had to modify the seats to meet up with mounting hardware?? i just had to drill 4 holes..

paintedreams

Reaction score
I have a set of Captain Chairs with Console dark grey in color. They are cloth and they both have the air lumbar. The drivers seat has one bad place and its where you slide in and out of the truck the seam is torn and the plastic around the bottom is broken but other than that the rest is in good condition just need to be cleaned. Asking $250.00

MTIDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my buckets were worn out so i got some captain chairs out of a 91 E150, i had to modify the seats to meet up with mounting hardware?? i just had to drill 4 holes..

I had to drill 8 because a bench seat came out, and the buckets went in.

;Sweet

paintedreams

Reaction score
Well every thing went well with the conversion so thanks for all the info.

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
One thing I noticed in the journey to find new seats for my '91 supercab is that all the mounting locations are there for the different type seats. For example, my daughter's truck originaly came with buckets and center console. When I bought it, it had a bench from another vehicle (that's a whole 'nother story) bolted to the bucket tracks. I bought an aftermarket seat that is supposed to be a direct bolt in. When I tried to do that, the holes didn't line up. So I got under the truck and found another set of retainers that are undrilled and untapped that the new seat does line up with. I'm assuming that those retainers are for a bench seat. This is good because I know where to drill to mount the new seat. So I will probably just use G8 bolts and hardware for the new one. All the required reinforcements are already in place, just unused.

I was under the impression that the floor contour changed according to year, '87-'91 then changed for '92-'97. Not by cab type.

Tom

Got the newly re-covered, new seat back. I believe this to be the most expensive truck seat ever made! -cuss Today I drilled the previously unused bench seat mounting locations and everyhting went together well. Bolted it down with grade 8 hardware. The uphosltery shop did an excellent job at recovering the seats with the original tan Camden material. Now they are on a search for more since the rear seat arrived today (original was removed from the truck by PO).

Those of you with original buckets, or any good condition original seats for that matter, treat them like gold...if you like your truck to remain original like I do. Many of the materials are no longer available and very hard to find for restorations. The tan color of the early '90's trucks is kinda hard to match and I wanted seat, door panels, and carpet to match. So original was the only choice for me. That cloth brings $85 per yard!cookoo If you can find it. I know where there's red and grey Camden('87-'91+) if anyone is looking. :Sly No tan and no blue that I know of.

Tom

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin