chains and turf tires

Rcannon

Go Cards!
Reaction score
I've got a TC33D with turf tires on it and I have one area that when I plow I'm at about a 10-15 degree angle. Couple inches of lightweight snow and I'm ok. But if we get 5-6 inches of heavy wet snow I tend to slide sideways down the hill toward the pond. (pucker factor of 5 /10)
Will chains prevent this and how bad will the turf be torn up?

oh yeah..
No, I can't go up and down the hill.
and This is the only issue I have with the turf tires and don't want to go to R4's.

thanks

Roland_Jenkins

Señor Member
Reaction score
on a sidehill It will help if you have diamond chains. If iou have regular ol cross chains, not so much. How much it tears up the turf depends on how far and how fast you are sliding LOL

Headhunter_5.9

there it is Johnny!
Reaction score
I would think so, I've heard many different reasons of why/how chains work so well! but in simple physics the chains probably would not stop your sliding sideways.

side slip on turf yes, side slip good ole country grass probably not, just a rule of thumb here in IL, cause your worried about tearing up the terf and not the country yardage!

Rcannon

Go Cards!
Reaction score
well, this pond has only been in a few years, seeded with cheapest crap from the co-op. does that help?..we really don't call it turf. Our term of endearment is
"green stuff"..if we call it grass we have to take care of it."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online