Carrier Pump Group Buy

burt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha
Me also!
Thanx

I have a call into facet( tech dept is down today) ...
Push fuel or pull fuel whats the consensus???
mines up under the hood like most I think and pulls just fine. Very nice to have. I to got two to have a back up but havent had any problems with the one I installed. With the revolving door of air intrusion problems my trucks always seem to have the electric pump makes it more reliable. especially if you have two.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
These pumps suck fuel very well and will push it from the bottom of the trailer up to the top. I mounted mine just after the fuel tank switching valves under the truck. It sucks and pushes very well.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanx gary
Thats where I want to put mine out of the way, the under hood realestate is congested enough when serivce time. Omes around.
Seems the info out there is mixed pull vs push.
I am gunna keep track. Thanks burt I see no issues either way, I imagine most are under the hood.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the event of the electric pump failing can the me h pump draw thru the facet?
Gunna make a bypass hose , and save the mech pump.
Discuss!

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the event of the electric pump failing can the me h pump draw thru the facet?
Gunna make a bypass hose , and save the mech pump.
Discuss!

with the reliability record of these pumps,the odds are far greater of something else failing on these old trucks,that you can simply ditch the old lift pump,install a block off plate and never think about it again.

rwk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PO of the 93 had installed a new lift pump and a facet cube pump, installed b4 FSV to help fix his no start, to no avail, it needed pump, we purchased it that way and did pump, injectors and gp's. Would like to eliminate lift pump and small facet with new Carrier pump, both at least 3 years old and had been setting . Runs very good now 12-14 mpg around town first 2-3 tanks, but feel we are on borrowed time. BTW this system does work well,(luck) despite all old hose's before filter head, after new pump,injectors, and gp we got it to start after about 10-12 tries, forgetting to hook up glow plug controller!

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got a couple of tanks thru mine on a road trip ,
I've got a couple of questions.

1 it seems the pump flows/ pushes back thru the returns somewhat bypassing the ip flow( any air intrusion the Ip will still stumble after draining a tank).

2 Mel posted a little explination on the facett's extra presure and its effect upon ip timing, I bookmarked it but cant seem to find what thread its in, any one recall??

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok so how about this one????
If you suck air from say the rear tank she spits and leans out ....
Then switch to the front full tank, will the facet purge all the air and restart before the truck stops rolling?
I have only sucked one tank dry ( took forever to reprime it with mech pump) thinking these might also help,vvvv
The in tank pickups made by walbro and holley claim to seal off when run dry( return line might bypass this feature)

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok so how about this one????
If you suck air from say the rear tank she spits and leans out ....
Then switch to the front full tank, will the facet purge all the air and restart before the truck stops rolling?
I have only sucked one tank dry ( took forever to reprime it with mech pump) thinking these might also help,vvvv
The in tank pickups made by walbro and holley claim to seal off when run dry( return line might bypass this feature)

possibly.you have to remember,that once she sputters and runs out,that her ip is dry.so to fill it up again at this point could require some cranking.
there's no good reason to run a tank down that empty though.so just switch somewhere around E and call it good.

that said,with an empty ip i just;
crank 20 full seconds.pause for 2 mins.crank for 15-20 full seconds and she's running.i don't frig with bleeding air,cracking lines......i don't even pop the hood.this is all it takes.
(with a good starting system)
she'll cough and sputter for 20-30 seconds sure,but then right as rain.

smelling like diesel fuel is for those who like to run old school mechanical lift pumps.:D

Last edited:

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
True' the e pump seems to take the path thru the returns somewhat bypassing the ip, but no compleatley.
Here's where I'm headed ( reason I ask) if the e pump will clear the air IF it happens then there aint no reason to spend big bucks on the fancy pickup screens with the air check gizmo.
If one can simply run the hose ext. with the slash/birdsmouth to the tanks bottom and with filters in front of the fsv cheap and easy ' done'
I intend on servicing any one component only once if possible.
Thanx ya'l

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight

Members online