eletric lift pump

ericwade381

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you like about the stock set up? Just curious I'm new to idis and my lift pumps leaking just not sure what way to go

73idi88f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just like the idea if batteries die you dont need much to keep it going. but time to get with the times i guess lol

73idi88f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That honestly is easy and I think people on here freak everyone out with that, the install is just like a gaser make sure the arms under the cam eccentric and not over it

So when I did mine I tipped the arm down in the hole pulled it up in place and made sure I could feel it come around the eccentric and I put it back and installed the bolts. The making sure I could feel it come around the eccentric was just testing so I knew I had it under it.

theguruat12

Certified Tinkerer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been using a couple of these:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/140-GPH-ELE...ccessories&hash=item4d1ec6ef14#ht_2696wt_1362
and I LOVE them. If you don't need it, you can flow through it. Then, when you want it, you just turn it on. Best of all, unless the motor itself burns up, it's a rotary vane pump and all it takes is a screwdriver to rebuild it.

Price on those isn't bad honestly. Still, the Duralift pumps don't need rebuilds, as I've yet to hear of one failing. Also they're MUCH quieter than rotary vane pumps. They're basically a mechanical fuel pump, only instead of the cam arm, they use a solenoid to actuate the diaphragm. JM2CW

sjwelds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah. there's a reason the duralift is the one lots of guys on here use. I have mine on like a 3amp fuse. hasn't ever blown so you can see it doesn't draw much....

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
Where are you gonna mount it? I just tried a holley red the other day and it was a total bust. It may have been the location I had it that made it not work so well. I mounted it on the frame rail near the old mechanical pump so I wouldn't have to cut the factory frame mounted lines. I am thinking since the dura-lift pump is good at pulling fuel from a distance that it will work better in the same spot I had the holley mounted.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i just like the idea if batteries die you dont need much to keep it going. but time to get with the times i guess lol

if your batteries are so low that two of them combined can't push a 2 amp pump,then your stranded either way brother lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online