Carrier fuel pump on ebay

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
You can't beat that price with a stick ;Sweet
dealer price is over a hundred bucks.
You will be very happy with that pump. I love mine. The thing works great.
It's nice being able to mount it right up under the hood by the filter where you can get to the thing without having to crawl around.

If you want to mount it using that plug that comes with it, you can get the other side of that Packard plug at Napa. you have to buy all the pieces seperately.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
RLDSL, any pics of ur set up? im intrigued by having it under the hood instead of the usual frame mount.

Ask and ye shall receive :D
a little hard to see, but it's behind the passenger side battery on the inner fender. I made a bracket from a chunk of angle aluminum. It's only about a 14" piece of hose from there to the filter . Makes bleeding a snap after cleaning the screen. Usually when I clean the screen on the road, I wash it out with a can of brake parts cleaner and then fill the bowl with tranny fluid for a little extra cleaning and quick bleed off. and can do it all without getting anything but my hands dirty( not even those if I remember to put the gloves on :rotflmao

I have it wired in through a standard bosch relay and a circuit breaker

-------Robert

Attachments

• Carrier1.jpg
    Carrier1.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 37
  • Carrier2.jpg
    Carrier2.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 44
  • Carrier3.jpg
    Carrier3.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 43

schoelta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dumb question, but you guys are using this to pump fuel right? IF so, will it work for WMO, or should I stick with the Holley?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Typically, these electric pumps push better than they suck. I'm surprised having it in the engine compartment up so high is working that well. I wonder if it will with thick WMO and colder temps? What's the rated presure on these?

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Dumb question, but you guys are using this to pump fuel right? IF so, will it work for WMO, or should I stick with the Holley?

This is a commercial duty diesel lift pump. it is quite literally 10 times better at sucking fuel than a holley. These things are designed to lift fuel 10 feet straight up ( ever seen how they mount a ****** unit on a refrigerated trailer? the fuel tank generally goes down under the belly and the pump is up in the engine compartment in the ****** unit ) Those pumps are made by Facet, the Dura-Lift and they are the factory lift pump on the new Carrier Transicold and Thermoking ****** units.

That much extra suction is going to translate into that much extra pulll power for the heavy fuel

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice looking unit.....not sure bout those being mounted in engine comp....messy when cleaning filter etc.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Nice looking unit.....not sure bout those being mounted in engine comp....messy when cleaning filter etc.
As long as you don't tip it over when you pull it out, no mess ;Sweet

First couple of cleanings I slopped a bit till I got my angle of attack down :D

It's real nice being able to just pop the hood to take a peek at that screen.
Like this last trip. When I put my fresh engine in after the truck sat 8 + months, the front tank got critters in it. Luckily, that screen caught them all and set off the main fuel filter light , a quick stop and clean and switch to the rear tank
and it was clean, so I ran on it the whole way. Didn't have to change the filter. it's still fine ( and a steady diet of biocide has run through the system , I thought I had hit it before storage, but oops)

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
man that is the cats ass right there! i think im gunna get one. i have some alminium i found so i can make a fancy bracket as well. plus it'll make things safer (piece of mind) when i wanna wheel it.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As long as you don't tip it over when you pull it out, no mess ;Sweet

First couple of cleanings I slopped a bit till I got my angle of attack down :D

It's real nice being able to just pop the hood to take a peek at that screen.
Like this last trip. When I put my fresh engine in after the truck sat 8 + months, the front tank got critters in it. Luckily, that screen caught them all and set off the main fuel filter light , a quick stop and clean and switch to the rear tank
and it was clean, so I ran on it the whole way. Didn't have to change the filter. it's still fine ( and a steady diet of biocide has run through the system , I thought I had hit it before storage, but oops)
Makes sense....perfect practice makes perfect;Sweet and one could put it basically anywhere there is room so that may work in my favor...I'll look into it and make a choice...

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Considering that those things operate 24 hours a day in commercial service, they seem to have an incredible durability record. When I went to the Carrier dealer to buy mine, I went to the parts counter and asked for one and the guy found it on the computer, but then he got lost in the parts room for quite a while looking for the thing. Turns out, the guy tells me, they had kept them in stock since new, but they had never had to replace one ;Sweet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online